The 2020-21 Scholarship Application is now Open
Submit your application - APPLY NOW!
DSC Foundation Scholarship Application:
- Scholarships awarded based on information you provided on the admissions application, or we have on file from other records, such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Scholarships from donors requiring students to meet certain criteria, such as being from a specific area or studying a specific major.
The scholarship application is a single application, which allows to students to apply for multiple scholarships from the DSC foundation at one time.
Please Note: Dual-enrolled, transient students, and Daytona State College employees and/or their dependents are not eligible to receive Daytona State Foundation scholarships.
DSC Foundation Scholarships Requiring An Additional Application: These are scholarships requiring a separate application process. Please review the information below if you are interested in applying for one of these scholarships.
FREE studio arts class for veterans, active duty personnel, their spouses and dependents
in the spring 2020 semester.
Apply now - spots are limited! Download the scholarship application by clicking HERE.
The Garden Club of Halifax Country Scholarship
The Garden Club of Halifax Country is pleased to provide a $2,000 scholarship to a
student enrolled in the Photographic Technology program at Daytona State College.
The qualified candidate must:
- Have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours
- Be enrolled full-time
- Have a cumulative GPA of a 3.0
- Be a resident of Volusia or Flagler county
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a DSC faculty member
Preference will be given to students who have completed a 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need.
In addition, the selected candidate will be invited to attend an event hosted the Garden Club of Halifax Country.
Students can Apply Here until July 10, 2020.
L. Gale Lemerand Entrepreneurial Speaker Series Scholarship
Up to three promising students interested in entrepreneurship will each earn a $1,000 L. Gale Lemerand Entrepreneurial Speaker Series Scholarship, presented as part of the L. Gale Lemerand Entrepreneurial Speaker Series hosted by Daytona State College.
DSC students, DSC Adult Education students and Volusia or Flagler County high school students who plan to attend DSC are encouraged to apply.
The featured speaker for the spring presentation - this event has been canceled.
AAUW STEM Scholar of the Year
The Daytona Beach, Flagler, and New Smyrna Beach Chapters of the AAUW are pleased to announce their STEM Scholar of the Year. To be eligible, you must:
- Be a female
- Be a resident of Volusia or Flagler County.
- Completed twelve (12) credit hours, at least six (6) must be in STEM related classes
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours in the semester the award is given
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be seeking an A.A. degree in a STEM related field
- Must complete application form
- Must include an Essay on Career Goals
- Must have Letters of Recommendation – one from faculty member from STEM courses taken and who is familiar with academic performance; and one personal reference noting character of applicant.
William H. Murray Memorial Scholarship Application:
Multi-semester scholarship is awarded in the fall and spring to students in the nursing program who meet the following criteria:
- Continuing DSC students;
- Enrolled in at least 10 credit hours within the nursing program;
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA; and
- Demonstrate financial need.
S-STARS Scholarship (Students-Success Through Academic Resources & Services)
A full in-state tuition scholarship program open to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) students currently:
- Receiving the Federal Pell Grant;
- Enrolled full-time (12 credits or more);
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA; and
- The ability to attend required meetings throughout the semester
Students meeting the above criteria, APPLY HERE.