Academic & Career Advising
We're excited to help you plan and navigate your academic pathway!
Things to Consider
Same day registration is not available in order to give advisors time to review your application and records
You will receive a confirmation email after registering for a session, and a reminder email the day before your scheduled session
Virtual sessions require a device with video and audio
In-person sessions are currently offered only on the Daytona Beach campus
“Dual Enrollment” sessions are only for middle/high school students who are entering the Dual Enrollment program
Please select a session below during a time when you can fully engage with the information provided by the Academic Advisor. We’re glad you’re a part of our Falcon family and look forward to helping you on your educational journey.
What is Academic Advising?
The mission of the Academic Advising Department at Daytona State College is part of a collaborative process designed to help students succeed academically by encouraging them to be proactive in planning their own education. Academic Advisors will assist students with developing an appropriate educational plan that will lead to graduation by providing them with timely and accurate information, making referrals to campus resources, and encouraging students to utilize these resources.
When should I speak with an Advisor?
Once you have been admitted to DSC and have taken a placement test you're ready to speak with advising
- Some students with qualifying SAT/ACT test scores or transfer credits will not need to be tested.
- Any student who started the 9th grade in a Florida public high school in the 2003/2004 school year (or later) AND graduates from a Florida public high school and students who are currently active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces are exempt from taking any college placement test or developmental education course. Students can opt to take the placement test and subsequent developmental courses if they feel they need to or if it is recommended by an Academic Advisor.
How can I prepare for an advising session?
- Review the college catalog to determine which program you are interested in, and prepare questions to ask
- Submit final, official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. An official transcript is one that arrives in a sealed envelope. Have all official transcripts sent directly to:
Daytona State College Admissions Office
1200 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Bring any SAT/ACT test scores or verification of AP credits
- Arrive on time, at your scheduled time
Orientation is an important step in getting started in the right direction!
Orientation is an important step in getting started in the right direction! Our Orientation is geared to increase your college awareness, engage you as a learner, and get you ready to be successful in your college journey. The orientation is a series of short videos and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. Below are some of the essential items covered in the Orientation:
- Falcon Self-Service
- Student Support Services
- Academic Programs
- Online Readiness
- Financial Aid
- Important Dates
- Title IX
- Next Steps
To complete your Online Orientation, you will need to navigate to your To Do List Items within your Falcon Self-Service portal.
Office of Academic & Career Advising
Daytona Beach Campus
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Flagler/Palm Coast Campus
Monday, Wednesday - Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater Campus
Monday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.