Falcon HOPE Center
Falcon HOPE Center
Our mission is to prepare, empower, and support a diverse student population in achieving their educational, professional, and personal goals.
- Falcon Fuel Grab & Go Food Pantry - free light snacks and small non-perishable food items for currently enrolled students.
- Emergency Transportation - temporary emergency bus passes are available for currently enrolled DSC student that have an emergency need for transportation to campus.
- Emergency Shelter Resources
- Computer Lab with free printing
- Professional Clothing Closet - for students who want to achieve a professional image for job interviews and employment.
- Laundry Vouchers
- School Supplies
Housing Insecurity FAQ's
How does a student verify homeless status to receive services?
n accordance with statute 1009.25 (1)(f), students who lack a fixed residence are exempt from the payment of tuition and fees, including lab fees (books and supplies are NOT included). Students must complete the Homelessness Verification Form. The student must be residing in Florida while taking classes
What if I wanted someone to talk to that understands my situation?
Students receiving the homeless exemption are connected with Falcon HOPE Center staff who will monitor progress, advocate for needs, and serve as a campus and community resource. It is crucial that students maintain regular correspond for the best success.
Do I need a Florida ID?
Students are encouraged to obtain Florida identification within an academic year of obtaining a homeless exemption.
How long can I receive the tuition exemption?Students who were determined to be experiencing homelessness in the prior school year are presumed to maintain the same status for each subsequent year at the same institution, unless the student informs the institution that circumstances have changed, or the institution has specific conflicting information about the student’s circumstances and has informed the student of this information.Students who have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree or beyond may not be eligible for a Homeless Exemption.Students receiving the Homeless Exemption are expected to maintain a semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher, meet the standards of academic progress, and demonstrate gains towards degree completion. If a student withdraws from ALL registered classes while utilizing a homeless fee exemption, they may not be eligible for future Homeless Fee Exemptions. This is appeal eligible with documentation proving extenuating circumstances.
What if I still need more money to support myself while in school?
Students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
What other services are offered to students experiencing homelessness?
- 31-day bus passes are typically distributed until Financial Aid is disbursed. If for some reason a student is not Financial Aid eligible, or the program of study is not Financial Aid eligible, students may continue to receive transportation assistance.
- Students may be eligible for DSC gym membership after one complete semester with a 2.0 or better GPA.
- Students receiving Homeless Fee Exemption are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor each semester to ensure academic success and best planning practices.
- Weekly laundry vouchers, soap and dryer sheets are available.
- Daytona State College offers an extensive food program with snacks, lunches, and a food pantry
- Students are able to access the gym for a shower
- Students are offered free haircuts compliments of our Cosmetology & Barbering program
Falcon HOPE Center
Daytona Beach Campus
Forough B. Hosseini Hall (Building 130)
New Smyrna Beach/Edgewater Campus
Flagler Palm Coast Campus
Advanced Technology College
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday : 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday & Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Flagler Palm Coast
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday & Wednesday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.