The Best of Italy in 11 Days!
May 14-24, 2024
Travel with DSC instructors to Italy on one of the college’s study abroad programs. The Best of Italy will cover major Italian cities and sites, and the price is all inclusive!
Vincent Piazza, Senior Professor of Humanities, and Chris Whitaker, Senior Professor of History and Geography, will guide you through the peninsula, from Venice’s Piazza San Marco all the way to Blue Grottos of Capri. Major cities also covered will be Rome (Imperial and Baroque), together with Vatican City and its museum, Florence from the Cathedral of Saint Mary in Flower to the church of Santa Croce, with an optional visit to Pisa; Verona, from the Casa Giulietta of Romeo and Juliet to the Gladiator’s Roman arena; Assisi enjoying a visit to the city center, a full Roman basilica, and the Cathedral of Saint Francis with its frescoes of Giotto and Cimabue; Sorrento on the spectacular Amalfitan Coast with a cameo workshop included; and Pompeii with a guided tour.
The rich history and stories behind these locations will be revealed to you in-depth through experienced DSC instructors. The Best of Italy is organized by Explorica, a reputable company with years of experience in short-term study abroad programs. Students enrolling for this tour will choose from one of two courses which can be taken for credit or as auditor: Introduction to Humanities (HUM2020); or Cultural Geography (GEO2001).
- Round-trip airfare
- 7 overnight stays (9 with extension) in hotels with private bathrooms
- Full European breakfast daily
- Dinner daily
- Full-time services of a professional tour director
- Guided sightseeing tours and city walks as per itinerary
- Visits to select attractions as per itinerary
- Guided sightseeing tours with high-tech headset as per itinerary
- Tour Diary™
- Local Guide and Local Bus Driver tips; see note regarding other important tips
- Note: On arrival day, only dinner is provided; on departure day, only breakfast is provided
- Note: Tour cost does not include airline-imposed baggage fees, or fees for any required passport or visa. Optional excursions, optional pre-paid Tour Director and multi-day bus driver tipping, among other individual and group customizations will be listed as separate line items in the total trip cost, if included.
Enroll directly on the Explorica website.
A payment plan is available, $326.92 x month, after initial payment of $226 for a total of $4,129 for students age 23 and under. This study abroad program is open to all high school students, students of other colleges and universities, etc.
For information and details, contact Prof. Vincent Piazza. Vincent.Piazza@DaytonaState.edu