Association of Florida Colleges (AFC)
What is AFC?
The Association of Florida Colleges (AFC) is the professional association for Florida's 28 public state and community colleges, their boards, employees, retirees and associates.
AFC is the only organization in Florida that belongs to and supports us as state college employees. Its purpose is to help the Florida Legislature understand the role state colleges play in higher education, and to advocate for strong and viable state colleges in Florida.
All 28 of Florida's state and community colleges support the work of the association through institutional dues, as do more than 9,000 individual college employees and retirees through individual memberships, and the sharing of their talents, time and energy.
Daytona State College currently boasts more than 360 members in the Daytona State AFC Chapter. Many elect to pay their annual dues by payroll deduction. For as little as $1.46 per pay period you, too, can become a member and help to support our College and its mission.
AFC - DSC Chapter Officers (Executive Committee)
President, Gabi Booth
Vice-President/President Elect, Erika Blanken
Secretary, Michelle Goldys
Treasurer, Mercedes Clement
Membership Chair, Miguel Rivera
Immediate Past President, Charlene Latimer
Chris Thomes, Chair
Book Scholarship Information
The purpose of the Scholarship is to assist members of the Daytona State AFC Chapter with the cost of course materials associated with classes or training by reimbursing a percentage of the cost of books/materials (excluding shipping & handling and taxes).
Requirements for Application:
- The employee must be a member in good standing in the Daytona State College Chapter of the Association of Florida Colleges for one year prior to submitting the scholarship application.
- The employee must be employed at the College from the period the course begins until the scholarship reimbursement is distributed.
- Deadlines for application submission are followed.
- The maximum lifetime benefit is $800.
Criteria for awarding scholarships:
- Satisfactory completion of the course (B for graduate courses, C for undergraduate courses)
- Satisfactory completion of training as verified by certificate, letter, etc.
- Active involvement in AFC as a volunteer is strongly encouraged (assisting in a minimum of one AFC Chapter event per semester)