Home Education and Florida Virtual School (FLVS) students registered with Volusia or Flagler County Home Education programs are eligible to participate in the Daytona State College Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
Deadline for Spring 2021 - November 25th (For all Spring Full/A/B term courses)
Deadline for Summer & Fall 2021 - May 28th (For all Summer/Fall/A/B term courses)
*Students must complete their DSC admissions application and submit a signed dual enrollment form with courses selected by this date to be enrolled*
Eligibility Requirements for Spring 2021:
- Be enrolled in 6th - 12th grade
- Have taken at least one high school level course.
- Qualifying test scores.
New Home Education students:
Step 1:Follow these steps to apply online, selecting Dual Enroll as your Academic Plan
Step 2: Complete and submit a Home School Articulation Agreement, Home Education Verification, and Documentation from the school district verifying that the student is a registered home education student to the Admissions Office.
Step 3: PLACEMENT TESTING - PERT and TABE testing available by appointment only –
- Click here to schedule an appointment for Daytona Beach, Deland, Deltona, and Flagler/Palm Coast.
- If you would like to take a test on the New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater Campus, please contact them directly at 386-423-6328 or email NSBAssessment@DaytonaState.edu to make an appointment.
Step 4: Students will submit a completed, signed dual enrollment form to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the advising and enrollment process. *New students are limited to 2 fully online courses *All college emails will be sent to the student's DSC FalconMail account.
*New students are eligible to begin during the Fall & Spring semesters only.
- Submit a new, signed dual enrollment form each semester.
- Submit a new articulation agreement each academic year after July 1.
- Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com *All emails must be sent from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- Returning students will be permitted to enroll in up to 4 fully online courses during the Spring 2021 semester.
Students admitted in Fall 2020 under the Emergency Order Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- If ENC1101 was taken and passed with a C or better in the Fall - you do not need to take reading/writing PERT - you may continue to ENC1102.
- If a DSC Math course was taken and passed with a C or better in the Fall, you do not need to take the Math PERT to continue to other Math courses.
- If you took classes other than Math & English, you will need to PERT to place into Math & English for Spring, but may continue taking courses that do not have Math/English pre or co-requisites without testing.
- If you met the Emergency Order criteria in the Fall but opted not to take Math and/or English you will need to PERT for the Spring.
Example 1: Students currently enrolled in only SLS1122 and wants to take ENC1101 in the Spring.
- Reading and Writing PERT required.
Example 2: Students currently enrolled in ENC1101 and SLS1122 and wants to take MAT1033 in the Spring.
- Math PERT required, no Reading/Writing necessary.
Example 3: Students currently enrolled in ENC 1101 and wants to take ENC1102 in the Spring
- No PERT required, eligible to take ENC1102.
Example 4: Students currently enrolled in only SLS1122 and wants to take PSY1012 in the Spring.
- No PERT needed, PSY1012 does not require ENC1101
Example 5: Student met the Math placement under the Emergency Order but didn’t take or didn't pass Math in the Fall.
- Math PERT required for Spring math enrollment.
Registered home education dual enrolled students will receive an email to their Falconmail account to obtain their books from the Daytona campus bookstore during the posted book voucher period for each semester.
*Spring book vouchers will be emailed to all currently enrolled students during the published book voucher dates.
Books must be returned to the bookstore by the end of each semester in order to continue enrollment.
Students who fail to return books will be dropped from future course enrollments.
Important Dates & Deadlines
Last Day to Withdrawal
Fall A Term – September 28
Fall Full Term – November 4
Fall B Term – November 24
Advising Week for Spring 21 (Spring schedule will be
available for viewing only)
Registration for Spring
Students who have earned 45 or more credits – 10/26
Students who have earned 30 or more credits – 10/27
Students who have earned 15 more credits – 10/28
Students who have earned 0-14 credits – 10/29 (Open to all/first day new students may register)
Deadline for Spring Dual Enrollment
*New students must have completed an online application and have submitted a registration form by this date.
Fall Classes End
Fall A – October 15
Full & B term – December 16
December 21 – January 3
Spring Classes Begin
A term & Full term – January 19
B term – March 22
Test Score Requirements:
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Daytona State College for reading, writing and math to eligible to enroll. Any combination of eligible scores will be accepted Ex: PERT Math score with SAT Reading/Writing.
- PERT Study Information
- Dual Enrollment State of Florida Equivalency Guide
- Dual Enrollment - Course Drop/Withdrawal Form
- Comparison of Florida's Articulated Acceleration Programs (compares dual enrollment, AP, IB, and AICE)
- Dual Enrollment Statement of Transfer Guarantee
- Department of Education - Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Bright Futures - For information on qualifying for Bright Futures Scholarship for home school students
- FloridaShines.org - On Florida Shines you will find information on requirements to earn a standard high school diploma, information about courses that are valid to count towards high school requirements and college credits, and information on requirements for getting into college.
- Daytona State College Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Program Guides
- Course Information/Descriptions
- Course Search/Availability
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any Dual Enrollment questions you may have. Please include your name, student ID number and any information associated with your question.