No matter what your current educational level is, Daytona State College’s GED Prep program can help you increase your learning levels for successful completion of the GED® exam and transition to college. Classes will focus on improving your reading, writing, and math skills. Passing the four-part GED® exam (reasoning through language arts, mathematical reasoning, social studies, and science) will provide you with a State of Florida High School Diploma which allows you to get a better job and go to college.
The program utilizes various instructional methods including:
- Computer labs and 24/7 Web-based learning
- College transition assistance
- Year-round academic schedule
Classes conveniently offered morning, evening, and online to fit your schedule.
The cost for the program is $30 per semester. To sign up, go to the Admissions Office nearest you, fill out an application, and take the placement (CASAS) test. For more details, visit our Admission page.
GED Prep® Online
Prepare for the GED® in the comfort of your own home with GED® Online. All you need is a computer with Internet access. Students wishing to enroll into the GED® online program must be at least 18 years of age and meet minimum testing requirements.
-For information on in person or online GED classes, Please call the Adult Education office (386) 506-4495 or email GED@daytonastate.edu
The GED® Prep program is designed for students who are 16 years of age or older.
Students under age 18 must:
- Be accompanied by an adult to be admitted.
- Submit an official copy of their high school transcripts and present proof of withdrawal from the high school they formerly attended.
- Submit a parent/guardian-signed Daytona State College Underage Consent Form.