If you are sick or not feeling well, or showing any signs of symptoms, please do not come to campus and email email@example.com immediately.
Please refer to this Student FAQ page as it will be updated on a regular basis with information concerning Admissions, Financial Aid, Assessment, Student Accounts, Records & Registration, and more.
Faculty & Staff
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Daytona State College EAP/Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health/Well-Being
- Working Remotely/Home Life
- Staying Active/Staying Healthy
The DSC COVID-19 Data Dashboard represents information reported to DSC and may include individuals residing outside Volusia and Flagler counties. The data reflects confirmed cases of individuals tested as well as self-reported cases. The Florida Department of Health is the official health data collection agency. Dashboard data is updated each Friday by 2 p.m. (positive cases reported from the previous Friday through Thursday).
Positive Cases - Individuals who have received and reported positive COVID-19 test results. Cases are resolved/cleared within 10 days after the positive test per CDC Time-Based Strategy.
For information on the Athletics' guidelines for the upcoming sports seasons please
visit the Athletics COVID-19 Response Plans page.
Students can conduct college business via phone, email or live chat, or make appointments for in-person meetings.
The "Live Chat" feature can be found in the upper, right-hand side of this page.
Admissions – (386) 506-3642 | Admissions@DaytonaState.edu
Academic Advising – (386) 506-3661 | Advising@DaytonaState.edu
Dual Enrollment – (386) 506-3661 | DualEnrollment@DaytonaState.edu
Assessment Services – (386) 506-3067 | Assessment@DaytonaState.edu
Financial Aid – (386) 506-3015 | FinancialAid@DaytonaState.edu
Records & Registration – (386) 506-3136 | Records@DaytonaState.edu / Registration@DaytonaState.edu
Student Accounts – (386) 506-3024 | StudentAccounts@DaytonaState.edu
Center for Women & Men – (386) 506-3068 | https://daytonastate.edu/centerforwomenandmen/
Counseling & Accessibility Services – (386) 506-3238 | https://www.daytonastate.edu/cas/
Student Advocate – (386) 506-3381 | StudentAdvocate@DaytonaState.edu
Veterans Center – (386) 506-3653 | Veterans@DaytonaState.edu
Bookstore / Follett
(386) 506-3234 –https://www.bkstr.com/daytonastatedaytonastore/home
Emergency Financial Aid Grant
The Emergency Financial Aid Grant is for students with exceptional need still experiencing impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. Students with a documented COVID related hardship are also eligible to apply.
Daytona State College has received funds under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) signed on December 27, 2020 to assist some of our students still being impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, unlike the CARES Act there are new eligibility requirements.
- Students and visitors can now make appointments with departments on campus. Please see the list of departments and phone numbers above to call for appointments.
- To help with social distancing, you may also conduct business with the College via email, phone or Live Chat.
- The Bookstore is open to limited numbers of students.
- The dining hall in the L. Gale Lemerand Student Center (Daytona Beach Campus) is open with indoor and outdoor seating.
- All non-essential gatherings, large meetings and events on campus are canceled/postponed until further notice. Event organizers are encouraged to consider holding them online, postponing or canceling them as appropriate.
- All international travel as well as non-essential travel (in-state and out-of-state) is suspended until further notice.
Protecting Yourself, Prevention and Treatment
The virus is spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms range from mild to serious and include fever, cough and difficulty breathing. If you are experiencing a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, contact a healthcare professional to determine whether testing or treatment is needed.
Here are some tips from the CDC to reduce your chances of becoming ill:
- Get vaccinated! Everyone 12 years of age and older is now recommended to get a COVID-19 vaccination. Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic. Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.
- Wash your hands frequently to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19.
- Masks are required in all DSC classrooms. Masks are optional in other indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Practice social distancing - 3 ft. distance in DSC classrooms (while also wearing a face mask).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, contact a healthcare professional to determine whether testing or treatment is needed.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- CDC International Travel Advisory Guidelines
- CDC Travel Advisory within the United States
- Volusia County COVID Updates (testing, assistance resources, etc.)
- Flagler County COVID Updates (testing, assistance resources, etc.)
International Students and Study Abroad
DSC officials are monitoring outbound and inbound travel for international students. At this time, there are no study abroad trips planned, and all non-essential travel by plane (domestic and international) has been suspended until further notice.
Please see the CDC’s Information for Travel pages for updated information, travel warnings, and travel FAQs.
The Florida Department of Health has launched a dedicated call center for questions related to COVID-19. If you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms, please call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org. The COVID-19 Call Center is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.