Get Vaccinated!Find COVID-19 Vaccine Near You:
The COVID-19 vaccine is the most important tool we have to getting the pandemic under
control. The CDC recommends that everyone 12 and older receive a vaccination. Please
note there is NO COST for the vaccine, and no health insurance is necessary.
General Vaccine Information:
- Search Vaccines.gov (several retail pharmacies in Volusia and - Flagler counties are now accepting walk-ins with no appointment necessary)
- Text your ZIP code to 438829
- Call 1-800-232-0233
If you are sick or not feeling well, or showing any signs of symptoms, please do not come to campus and email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Please refer to this Student FAQ page as it will be updated on a regular basis with information concerning Admissions, Financial Aid, Assessment, Student Accounts, Records & Registration, and more.
Faculty & Staff
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Daytona State College EAP/Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health/Well-Being
- Staying Active/Staying Healthy
Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Clinic at DSC's Flagler/Palm Coast Campus
Clinic located in the Alan Smolen Center (Bldg. 1)
Please use the Colbert Lane Entrance
540 Colbert Lane, Palm Coast, FL 32137
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days per week
Direct Line: (386) 246-4863
The DSC COVID-19 Data Dashboard represents information reported to DSC and may include individuals residing outside Volusia and Flagler counties. The data reflects confirmed cases of individuals tested as well as self-reported cases. The Florida Department of Health is the official health data collection agency. Dashboard data is updated each Friday by 2 p.m. (positive cases reported from the previous Friday through Thursday).
Positive Cases - Individuals who have received and reported positive COVID-19 test results. Cases are resolved/cleared within 10 days after the positive test per CDC Time-Based Strategy.
Students can conduct college business via phone, email or live chat, or make appointments for in-person meetings.
The "Live Chat" feature can be found in the upper, right-hand side of this page.
Admissions – (386) 506-3642 | Admissions@DaytonaState.edu
Academic Advising – (386) 506-3661 | Advising@DaytonaState.edu
Dual Enrollment – (386) 506-3661 | DualEnrollment@DaytonaState.edu
Assessment Services – (386) 506-3067 | Assessment@DaytonaState.edu
Financial Aid – (386) 506-3015 | FinancialAid@DaytonaState.edu
Records & Registration – (386) 506-3136 | Records@DaytonaState.edu / Registration@DaytonaState.edu
Student Accounts – (386) 506-3024 | StudentAccounts@DaytonaState.edu
Center for Women & Men – (386) 506-3068 | https://daytonastate.edu/centerforwomenandmen/
Counseling & Accessibility Services – (386) 506-3238 | https://www.daytonastate.edu/cas/
Student Advocate – (386) 506-3381 | StudentAdvocate@DaytonaState.edu
Veterans Center – (386) 506-3653 | Veterans@DaytonaState.edu
Bookstore / Follett
(386) 506-3234 –https://www.bkstr.com/daytonastatedaytonastore/home
Emergency Financial Aid Grant
The Emergency Financial Aid Grant is for students with exceptional need still experiencing impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. Students with a documented COVID related hardship are also eligible to apply.
Daytona State College has received funds under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) signed on December 27, 2020 to assist some of our students still being impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, unlike the CARES Act there are new eligibility requirements.
- We expect everyone – whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated – to wear a mask at all times when inside any DSC facility.
- Students and visitors can make appointments with departments on campus. Please see the list of departments and phone numbers above to call for appointments.
- You may also conduct business with the College via email, phone or Live Chat.
- The Bookstore is open to limited numbers of students.
- The dining hall and Mori's Cafe' (L. Gale Lemerand Student Center, Daytona Beach Campus), and the ATC Campus Cafe' (Advanced Technology College) are open.
Protecting Yourself, Prevention and Treatment
The virus is spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms range from mild to serious and include fever, cough and difficulty breathing. If you are experiencing a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, contact a healthcare professional to determine whether testing or treatment is needed.
Here are some tips from the CDC to reduce your chances of becoming ill:
- Get vaccinated! Everyone 12 years of age and older is now recommended to get a COVID-19 vaccination. Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic. Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.
- Wash your hands frequently to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including COVID-19.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, contact a healthcare professional to determine whether testing or treatment is needed.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- CDC International Travel Advisory Guidelines
- Volusia County COVID Updates (testing, vaccinations, assistance/resources, etc.)
- Flagler County COVID Updates (testing, vaccinations, assistance/resources, etc.)
International Students and Study Abroad
DSC officials are monitoring outbound and inbound travel for international students. At this time, there are no study abroad trips planned.
Please see the CDC’s Information for Travel pages for updated information, travel warnings, and travel FAQs.
The Florida Department of Health has launched a dedicated call center for questions related to COVID-19. If you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms, please call 866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com. The COVID-19 Call Center is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.