The dates to drop a course with a refund are established for each semester and published in the Academic Calendar and in each semester’s Schedule of Classes. Please check the dates carefully. Refunds will not be given after the deadlines. Students who withdraw from a course will not be entitled to a refund. In addition, any outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to processing the withdrawal.
Any refund due to the student will be applied to any outstanding obligations before any remaining refund is issued. In the event of a nonrefundable waiver or scholarship or in the event of a third party sponsorship payment, the student's refund will revert back to the waiver, scholarship or third party.
Refunds for Adult Education, Continuing Education, or Lifelong Learning courses will be refunded back to the original credit card used for payment or will be refunded by DSC check for payments originally received by cash or check.
Students who pay for courses by credit card will be refunded by crediting back that
same credit card in approximately 7 to 10 business days following the official drop.
Students who pay for their courses by cash or check will be refunded through our refund
partner BankMobile. For additional information regarding refunds go to http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/ or contact the Office of Student Accounts at (386) 506-3024 to speak to a Student
Refunds will be based upon the following:
A. College Credit and Vocational Credit Courses
- A 100 percent refund will be given if a student drops a course(s) by the date published in the College’s academic calendar. For classes that meet on the weekend only, students will have until the next business day following the first scheduled class meeting to drop with a refund.
B. Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning Courses
- Courses lasting one week or less - A 100 percent refund will be given if you drop a course before the first scheduled class meeting.
- Courses lasting longer than one week - A 100 percent refund will be given if you drop a course within five working days from the date of the first scheduled class meeting.
C. Adult Education Courses
- A 100 percent refund will be granted if the student drops the course(s) within 3 business days of the completion of the orientation or within 3 business days from the start of classes if the orientation was completed in the previous semester.
D. Student Appeals
- Appeals to drop with a refund after the published deadline must be based upon extraordinary circumstances beyond your control. Supporting documentation is required before the appeal may be considered. For additional information about student appeals, contact the Office of Appeals at (386) 506-3781. Appeal forms are available at all campuses.
Stop Payments and Stale Checks
If a student believes he/she was entitled to a refund which was never received, contact the Office of Student Accounts at 386-506-3024 for more information. It may be that a refund is still pending but is unable to be disbursed because a refund preference was never selected. If the refund has not been returned to the College, the only thing needed is for the student to go to http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/ to select a refund preference.
If the refund was returned to the College because the disbursement period elapsed, a student may request to have these funds reissued if they have not been forwarded to the State of Florida Unclaimed Property Division or to one of the U.S. Department of Education Title IV financial aid programs. First, a refund preference selection must be made. In addition, a request to have the refund reissued must be completed and submitted to the Office of Student Accounts. A refund would then be processed in 7 – 10 business days according to the refund preference that was selected.
Refunds that go unclaimed will be returned to the State of Florida Unclaimed Property Division as required by the State of Florida Unclaimed Property Act or, if applicable, will be returned to one of the U.S. Department of Education Title IV financial aid programs.
For refund checks that were generated and mailed by BankMobile, contact BankMobile Customer Service at 1-877-327-9515 regarding stop payments.