"A commitment to using the best practices in any field is a commitment to using all the knowledge and technology at one's disposal to ensure success."
- Faculty Innovation Blog: The Faculty Innovation Blog is meant to maintain consistent transparency between faculty at Daytona State College and distance education staff and resources. Posts will include Falcon Online updates, tutorials, and tips provided by the Division of Online Studies, Department of Instructional Resources, and guest bloggers.
- Fall/Spring Planning: Provides recording and resources from DSC's Fall and Spring planning meetings, including the Online Studies and Instructional Resources meeting.
- Hybrid Checklist - Guidelines and best practices for faculty members teaching and developing hybrid classes.
- Rubric for Online Class Delivery: Provides criteria and standards designed to promote student learning in online courses.
- Substantive Interaction Guidelines: Provides an overview of substantive interaction, as defined by the Department of
Education. The final page includes a checklist for online courses.
- Distance Education Definitions - Provides a more specific and updated definition of meeting the substantive interaction criteria; effective 7/1/2021.
- Syllabus Template: Provides a downloadable Word document that will serve as a syllabus template. This is the most up-to-date version of the Daytona State College syllabus template that should be used by faculty in developing their courses each semester. It is located in the first column (Resources).