We are here for you! Contact us at Admissions@DaytonaState.edu or (386) 506-3642.
Deciding to pursue your educational goals at Daytona State College may be the key to your future. You can work on basic reading and math skills, earn your GED®, or develop your English language skills. Daytona State College has flexible day and evening classes. Our programs are convenient - they can be taken at various campus locations or from the comfort of your home through an online option.
The programs offered through Daytona State College will give you the skills needed to successfully progress into college-level or career training programs. The Daytona State College Adult Education and English for Speaker of Other Languages (ESOL) programs provide a learning environment that will allow you to determine and meet your educational and career goals.
- Classes are available at all Daytona State College campuses, as well as various off-site locations, such as in Pierson and Orange City.
- Available Programs:
GED® – Earn your Florida GED®
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – Learn English reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Adult Education website
- Academic Calendar
- All applicants must be at least 16 years old
- Classes are offered year-round
Complete an application for admission online. Select "GED, High School, ESOL" for your Academic Career. Additional documentation may be required for your program:
- For applicants under 18:
- Official withdrawal form for students coming from a Volusia County H.S.; home school students registered in Volusia county must submit a letter of discontinuance from the Volusia County School Board
- GED® Consent Form (GED® program only)
- Parent signature on the Adult Education Application
Assessment Servics offers walk-ins on all campuses except for the New Smyrna Beach campus, where appointments are still required at this time. Testers need to plan accordingly for testing times and closing time. ESOL and GED students will take the CASAS test. Plan for two and a half (2.5) hours for CASAS.
3. Register for Classes!
An Academic Advisor on any campus will help you register for classes. Once registered, there is a $30 fee per semester, which covers both A and B Terms.
4. Get a Student ID and Parking Decal!
Get your student ID card and parking decal at the Question and Answer Center on the Daytona Beach Campus or the Falcon Center on any regional campus.