Students - Support Through Academic Resources and Services (S-STARS) is a scholarship program which will recruit and enroll eligible STEM students to participate in the project that pairs financial support with key evidence-based strategies for ensuring student success, retention, and program completion.
Over the course of 4 years, the project will provide 104 scholarships: 82 awards of up to $5,500 to eligible students in STEM associate degree programs and 22 awards of up to $6,800 to students in the final two years of a baccalaureate program. Strategic elements of student support are
1. Intensive advising
2. Cohort engagement, including use of digital tools/social media to deliver information and services
3. Faculty mentor relationships
4. Career exposure
If you’d like to apply for the S-STARS Scholarship Program, please follow the steps below:
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently enrolled or planning to declare a STEM program?
- Do you currently have a 3.0 or higher GPA?
- Do you have a current FAFSA on file with the Financial Aid office?
- Do you plan to enroll in at least 12 credit hours each semester?
- Are you able to attend required meetings as part of the scholarship program?
If you answered yes to all of the above criteria, then please fill out the Scholarship Application and
A. Email to Candice_Valle@DaytonaState.edu along with your two letters of recommendation.
B. Drop off application and letters of recommendation directly to Candice Valle at the Advanced Technology College (1770 Technology Blvd.), Office 215U