APPLY NOW! (386) 506-3059  My Daytona State

Need to Know

Continuous Enrollment Requirement for Graduation

Continuous enrollment means a student has not missed two major semesters (Fall or Spring). Currently enrolled students who attend Daytona State continuously for each major semester may use the general education requirements in effect the year they enter. However, if requirements change, continuously enrolled students either may continue under the old requirements or meet any new ones. New students, and those returning after missing one or more major semesters, must use the requirements listed in the catalog upon their return.


A student may be permitted to substitute requirements upon the completion of a substitution form signed by the appropriate Program Manager/Program Chairperson and Dean/Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs, if it is determined that the substitution is in the student's best interest. Substitutions are not added until a passing grade is received.

Recognition of Academic Excellence

Daytona State honors students who have pursued and achieved academic excellence during their course of study. They are eligible for the following honors:

  • President's List - Students are eligible if they earn at least six semester hours of credit and have a 3.8 - 4.0 semester GPA.
  • Dean's List - Students are eligible if they earn at least six semester hours of credit and have a 3.2 - 3.79 semester GPA.
  • Honors Recognition*- Students who graduate with high cumulative GPAs are recognized at graduation as follows: High honors (3.8 - 4.0 GPA) and Honors (3.2 - 3.79 GPA) and a statement will appear on transcript.
  • Hall of Fame - DSC's highest honor in scholarship, leadership and citizenship is presented at the annual awards ceremony.
  • Outstanding Student Awards - Each department presents these at the annual awards ceremony to students in AA, AAS and AS degree and certificate programs. Recognition for student activities also is included.
  • Florida Blue Key - The University of Florida awards its community college leadership honor to one outstanding female and male from each of Florida's 28 community colleges.
  • Phi Theta Kappa- This is the only nationally accredited honors organization for two year colleges. DSC's chapter is Mu Rho. The Mu Rho office is in Building 130, Room 107 on the Daytona Beach Campus. For information about membership and activities, call the Daytona Beach Campus office at (386) 506-3330 or the Mu Rho information line at (386) 506-4505.
  • Who's Who - is awarded annually by the National Organization of Who's Who in Community and Junior Colleges

*Daytona State uses students cumulative GPA to determine Honors or High Honors status. If a graduating student’s GPA changes after final grades are in, resulting in the student receiving Honors or High Honors status, this will be recognized on the student’s diploma and final transcript, but will not be changed for the ceremony.

Graduating after Transferring

Students who transfer prior to graduation are encouraged to “transfer back” courses to complete graduation requirements. Once an official transcript is received from the transfer institution, and the Application for Graduation has been completed, your graduation can be certified. Graduation dates and deadlines.

Reapplying for Graduation

Students not meeting graduation requirement for the semester applied under will need to reapply for the new semester he or she is applying under.

Records confirmation

Please be aware of the graduation application dates and deadlines. Students who do not complete the graduation application process will not receive a diploma or have the degree certificate statement on their official transcript. Once students complete all degree requirements, financial aid can no longer be awarded, even if a graduation application has not been processed.


Alumni who are in need of a duplicate diploma can order one through FalconNet or simply fill out a duplicate diploma form which is located in the Q & A office/enrollment office on any campus or can be downloaded from this site. There is a $10 fee per duplicate diploma request. Please allow 3 business days for your request to be processed.

Daytona State College Facebook Daytona State College Twitter Daytona State College Youtube Daytona State College Linkedin Daytona State College RSS

Daytona State College 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 (386) 506-3000

Daytona State College is an equal opportunity institution.

If you are having any difficulty accessing our website, please contact the help desk at (386) 506-3950 or

Last updated: 2014-08-04T21:16:16.237Z