The Daytona State College
FALL 2020 - SUMMER 2021
was held at the Ocean Center on May 19, 2021
Ocean Center 101 N. Atlantic Avenue Daytona Beach, FL 32118
Daytona State College holds one graduation ceremony each year at the end of our Spring semester. This ceremony includes all students that completed their degrees any time during the academic year (Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semester).
Commencement Ceremony Times
- Associate of Science, Certificates, and Adult Education – 9:30AM (LIVESTREAM). Graduates need to be at the Ocean Center by 8:15 a.m.
- Associate of Arts – 2PM. (LIVESTREAM). Graduates need to be at the Ocean Center by 12:30 p.m.
- Bachelors & Fall'19, Spring'20 and Summer 2020 Graduates – 6:30PM (LIVESTREAM). Graduates need to be at the Ocean Center by 5:00 p.m.
Are you in your last term and ready to complete your degree or certificate?
If you're ready to graduate, you will need to follow these steps below before the published semester deadline to have your degree awarded, posted on your
transcripts, and to receive your diploma! A help guide for for submitting a graduation
application is available by clicking here.
- First, check the Important Dates For Graduation to make sure you know the deadline to apply for each term. If you miss the application deadline you have to apply for the next semester.
- How do I know if I'm ready to graduate? Meet with an Academic Advisor or your academic program Department Chair prior to submitting your Intent to Graduate Application if you have any questions.
- Submit an Intent to Graduate Application!
- Please note, if you would like to pre-pay your graduation fee in-person with a check or cash (or over the phone), you must first visit the Student Accounts Office on any campus. Once you have prepaid the graduation fee, you can then login to your MyDaytonaState student portal to submit the Intent to Graduate Application before the application deadline closes for that semester.
Ceremony Participation Requirements
- Reserve your ceremony tickets in Falcon Self-Service by April 9.
- Pick upyour commencement packet between April 12th-May 10th on the Daytona Beach Campus, in the Records Office (Bldg.100/Rm.208). The commencement packet includes your Name Card (your ticket), reserved tickets, student parking pass, and Commencement Instruction Letter.
Fees For Graduation
You only pay for each diploma type once - additional of the same type are free. So, if you're graduating with multiple degrees at the same time, or you come back and complete an additional degree (of the same type) in another semester, you don't have to pay again!
- Certificate (e.g. Vocational/A.S. Certificates, etc.) - $10 non-refundable fee. Additional certificates are free.
- Associate of Arts/Associate of Science (2-yr Degrees) - $20 non-refundable fee. Additional associates are free.
- Baccalaureate - $20 non-refundable fee. Additional baccalaureate are free.
If you have a serious financial hardship that prevents you from paying the graduation fee, you may apply to be considered for fee waiver.
After your degree is awarded, your diploma is mailed to the address you entered on your Intent to Graduate application about 3-4 weeks after the end of the term. Check the Academic Calendar for the published date or go to Important Dates For Graduation. If you moved, be sure to update your Home Address and phone number before the end of your graduating term on Falcon Self-Service.
Awards and Designations
Daytona State uses a student's combined cumulative GPA when they apply for graduation to determine Honors or High Honors status. If a graduating student’s GPA changes after final grades are in, resulting in the student receiving Honors or High Honors status, this will be recognized on the student’s diploma and final transcript, but will not be changed for the ceremony. For the published commencement booklet, only the student's cumulative GPA from the previous fall semester is used to illustrate Honors or High Honors status.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
Spring 2021 applicants
- Last day to submit an Intent to Graduate for Spring- April 23, 2021
- Degree conferred- by May 21, 2021
- Diplomas mailed to students- June 7, 2021
- Commencement Ceremony- May 19, 2021
Summer 2021 applicants
- First day to submit an Intent to Graduate for Summer- January 19, 2021
- Commencement Book Priority Deadline*-MUST APPLY BEFORE MARCH 22, 2021 IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE NAME INCLUDED IN THE COMMENCEMENT BOOK THAT'S GIVEN OUT AT THE CEREMONY.
- Last day to submit an Intent to Graduate for Summer- July 23, 2021
- Degree conferred- by August 17, 2021
- Diplomas mailed to students- September 3, 2021
- Commencement Ceremony- held on May 19, 2021.Ceremony includes Fall'2020 graduates, Spring'2021 and Summer'2021 applicants.
Fall 2021 applicants
- First day to submit an Intent to Graduate for Fall- August 23, 2021
- Last day to submit an Intent to Graduate for Fall- December 3, 2021
- Degree conferred- by December 22, 2021
- Diplomas mailed to students- January 21, 2022
- Commencement Ceremony- TBA
If you have any questions, you may email our Graduation Office through your FalconMail account at Graduation@DaytonaState.edu. Please include your student ID# or last four digits of your SS number in all correspondence. All communication via email will be conducted only through your FalconMail email account.
*If you are having a serious financial hardship that is preventing you from paying graduation fees by the priority deadline, please contact Graduation@DaytonaState.edu so we can direct you on how to apply for a graduation fee waiver.