The following steps will assist you prior to submitting your Application for Graduation.
1. Please refer to Important Dates For Graduation to apply by the deadline of each term.
Please meet with an Academic Advisor prior to submitting your graduation application if you have any questions.
3. Applying For College Graduation-
- Log in to MyDaytonaState
- Select My Academics
- Select Graduation
- Click on Apply For Graduation
- Click on the Academic Program hyperlink for which you wish to apply for graduation
- Select the graduation term for which you are applying
- Submit Application and pay the graduation fee online
- The application will be sent to the Chair, and once approved, the student will receive an email
- The Graduation statuses that students will see:
- Applied- When a student applies for graduation but it has not been sent to the Dept. Chair yet
- Program In Review- The application has been sent to the Dept. Chair, but it has not been approved yet
- Needs to Finish Pending Work- The Dept. Chair has approved the graduation application, but the term has not ended
- Denied- The dept. chair denied the student for graduation. All contacts regarding the denial must be sent to the Department.
- Degree Awarded- At the end of the term, pending applications are changed to awarded and the degree is posted on the transcript.
- The graduation status will remain, "Needs to Finish Pending Work" until degree is conferred at the end of the term, even if the student finished all requirements before the end of the term.
- Diplomas are mailed to graduates 3-4 weeks after the end of the term, see academic calendar for date
- FL Board 6A-10.040 exempts students who pass the state licensure from having to meet the TABE exit scores.
- Programs that fall under exit requirement exceptions for State licensure, graduation will be approved at the end of the term that the student submits a copy of their State licensure.
4. Fees For Graduation
*If you are having a financial hardship paying the graduation fee or purchasing the cap and gown for the commencement ceremony, please download and print the application:
APPLY FOR FEE WAIVER Please fax to 386-506-4489 or bring to Bldg 100, 208 Records Dept. Daytona Campus
APPLY FOR CAP AND GOWN RENTAL Please fax to Student Activities 386-506-3155 or bring to Bldg 130, room 113 Daytona Campus.
- Certificate $10, additional are free
- Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science- $20, additional are free
- Baccalaureate- $20, additional are free
Students who do not meet graduation requirements must reapply for graduation. No additional fee is required when reapplying for same degree.
College Alumni and Adult High School Request of Duplicate Diploma*
- Print and mail duplicate diploma request form to Records, Bldg 100/Room 208
- There is a $10 fee per duplicate diploma request. Please allow 3 business days for your request to be processed.
Requesting a GED® Duplicate Diploma
- Please order through the Florida Department of Education https://ged.fldoe.org/default.asp
- Please note: Students who do not have access to the internet can call (888) 906-4031 Monday through Friday from 8AM - 5PM MST to receive phone support to order duplicate transcripts and GED® diplomas. GED® Credentialing does charge a $15.00 fee for each diploma and/or transcript.