To participate in the 2021 Commencement Ceremony, you must follow instructions below by April 9th. Only students that have recently graduated (in Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020) or who submitted a graduation application for the current Spring or Summer 2021 term may reserve tickets to participate in the ceremony.
- COMMENCEMENT BOOKLET: SPRING/SUMMER 2021 APPLICANTS, YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION BEFORE MARCH 22nd TO HAVE YOUR NAME INCLUDED IN COMMENCEMENT BOOKLET. Students who miss this March deadline can still reserve tickets until April 9th to walk in the ceremony however their name will not be published in booklet.
First, go to the my.daytonastate.edu portal and login.
1) Click on "Falcon Self-Service."
2) Click the "Graduation" tile.
3) Click on "Commencement Tickets" that is located on the left-hand menu. Then, click on the “SELECT” button that is next to the academic program that you want to walk for.
Please note, if you recently completed multiple degrees, please read your screen very carefully to ensure that you select the degree that you truly want to attend.
4) At the top, you will now see the time of the ceremony for that specific academic program. PLEASE NOTE: GRADUATES MUST ARRIVE TO THE OCEAN CENTER ATLEAST90 MINUTES PRIOR TOTHE CEREMONY TIME.
5) Fill in all required fields below. Then, click “SAVE” at the bottom to reserve tickets.
6) You will receive a Confirmation Message like the one below if you successfully completed registration for the Commencement Ceremony.
7) Pick up your Commencement Packet between April 12th - May 10th on the Daytona Beach campus, in the Records Office - Bldg.100 Rm.208. The commencement packet includes your Name Card, reserved tickets, student parking pass, and Commencement Instruction Letter.
- You must bring your Name Card and DSC cap & gown with you to the Ocean Center to gain entry, along with your face mask. You will be turned away if you do not have these items with you.
- The DSC cap and gown must be purchased prior to the ceremony and brought with you to enter the Ocean Center facility, along with your Name Card and face mask. Cap and gowns will be made available for purchase starting in the month of April,when you pick up your packet. Please view your Commencement Instruction Letter that is in your packet for details in regards to when and where to purchase a DSC cap and gown, the time you must arrive, where to park, and other such important information.
- Due to health and safety requirements, all graduates and guests must wear a face mask and abide by social distancing guidelines in order to attend the ceremony. There are no exceptions.
- For any other information, please view Commencement Ceremony Information webpage.