The mission of the Office of Global Education & Affairs/CIBE is to assist the college in preparing students to successfully compete in the job market, improve their quality of life, and embrace cultural diversity. The Office seeks to increase global awareness throughout the college while serving the international needs of the local community.
- Serve the college community (students, faculty and staff) by including and emphasizing multicultural awareness and the need for global competencies in activities and events,
- Be the primary advocate for international students assisting to integrate them into college life, provide student support services for them,
- Implement retention activities for international students,
- Implement and support study abroad activities at the college,
- Support efforts to infuse international and global education into the college curriculum,
- Work with individual faculty and staff to infuse international education activities in their professional development plans
- Cooperate with Daytona Beach area public and private agencies and associations in supporting international initiatives in business, industry, education, and culture
- Develop and manage projects that will enhance learning, provide international inter-institutional cooperation, and embracing the opportunity to build cooperative relationships across countries.