If you have questions or need help using this system, please call:
- Students: The FalconAid Help Desk at 1-386-506-4243 (or extension 4243 if you are on campus) or email email@example.com.
- Faculty and Staff: Please contact the Helpdesk at 3950, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The FalconMail system is available for any active Daytona State College student, faculty or staff member.
- No. However, all official college email will be sent to your FalconMail account. If you choose to use a different email system, you will need to set up forwarding from your FalconMail account.
- FalconMail currently provides each student 50 gigabytes of storage for email, attachments and calendar content. This limitation cannot be increased.
- You can access your FalconMail account initially from any web browser by going to and logging in to the student portal at http://my.daytonastate.edu. The student portal will allow you to login automatically once you have successfully reset your password for the first time.
- For more information, see Supported Browsers and Operating Systems.
6. Will someone at Microsoft be reading my email?
- No, Microsoft will not read your email. For more information, refer to Microsoft’s statements on account privacy located at:
- You can easily retrieve your password by visiting http://my.daytonastate.edu.
- Yes. You can use several different POP3 and IMAP4 email programs to connect to FalconMail. The features supported by each email program vary. For information about the features offered by specific POP3 and IMAP4 email programs, see the documentation that's included with each program. You may also reference “Access Your Account Using Other Email Programs.” The only email interface currently officially supported by the college and the FalconAid HelpDesk is the Web interface.
- Yes. Users can check their email using a mail client on their phone or using their phone’s Web browser. “Push” email capabilities also are available for FalconMail customers using Exchange ActiveSync.
- See Outlook Live – Mobile Phones for more information.
- The FalconAid Help Desk is not equipped to help with the setup of mobile devices at this time.
- FalconMail uses the Windows Live infrastructure to combat spam and phishing. For more information, see Fighting Junk E-mail.
- By default, all mailboxes that are created in FalconMail have junk email filtering enabled. For more information, see Spam Filtering with Outlook Live.
- For anti-virus protection, FalconMail relies on redundant signature-based virus scanning. All inbound and outbound email in FalconMail is scanned for viruses.
- After you login to FalconMail, you can set up a rule to forward your mail to an alternate account. Choose menu Option > Forward Your Mails Using IN Box rule.
Hint: If you want to maintain the original sender’s information, use “Redirect the message to…”
12. Is my data in FalconMail backed up?
- Data stored on the FalconMail servers is NOT backed up. We recommend that you maintain a backup of your critical documents and emails manually.
13. Are there any message, mailbox and recipient Limits?
- Yes, there are limitations to your account. In order to learn more, please visit help.outlook.com.;
14. How long will I be able to keep my FalconMail account? Will I be able to use my FalconMail account after I graduate?
- The new email accounts are being offered as lifetime accounts provided that you login to your FalconMail at least once every six months.
15. Is there a possibility that my FalconMail mailbox will ever be deleted?
- Yes, if you fail to login to FalconMail and you are not registered for courses for at least once every six months your account may be deleted automatically by Microsoft.
- Microsoft provides new information, status updates and videos on a regular basis at the Outlook Help Site.
- View a video about FalconMail (Office 365)
- View a video about using email in FalconMail (Office 365)
- Find out more about your e-mail account, including message size limit, file attachments, subject length and more