Netbooks are smaller, lighter versions of full size laptops. Features such as large screens and optical drives are sacrificed in the pursuit of ultra portability and battery life. The very title “Netbook” is derived from the main purpose of these devices: ease of access to the Internet. Netbooks are very adept at running the most common applications in academia such as Office 2007 Suite (which includes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet Browsers (i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari), Adobe PDF Reader, and Web Based Applications. These Netbooks bring portability to e-books, allowing you to have all your textbooks with you without the weight of physical textbooks.
How it Works
The students enrolled in the classes that are assigned to receive Net-Books will sign a Netbook Loaner Agreement Form. They will be taught how to obtain and use the Netbooks directly in the classroom by their professor or instructor. Any inquiries or questions about the Netbooks will be directly addressed and answered by the course instructors.
- Inspiron 1011 Intel Atom processor N270, 1.6GHz, 533Mhz, 512K L2 Cache
- 1GB DDR2 SDRAM,1 DIMM
- 10.1 Inch Widescreen Display (1024 x 600)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950
- 160GB, 2.5inch, 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Obsidian Black
- Genuine Windows XP SP3
- Dell Wireless 1397 802.11g Half Mini Card
- Integrated 1.3M Pixel Webcam
- 24WHr Lithium -Ion Battery (3 -cell)