The New Directions program assists eligible students who are enrolled in either Associate of Science (AS) or Certificate degree programs.
The two-year AS degree prepares students for careers which require specialized college level training. The programs are tailored for immediate entry into business, health, engineering technology, nursing, computer science, and technical and visual arts careers. Certificate programs prepare students for jobs that require a year or less of training. Most certificate programs are offered for vocational credit, however, some provide credit toward an AS degree. For further information contact Nancy DeStefano at (386) 506-3434 or email: destefn@DaytonaState.edu.
Application Submission Time Frame
Fall Semester: July 1 - September 1
Spring Semester: November 1 - February 1
Summer Semester: April 1 - June 1
Am I Eligible?
To take advantage of the services offered through New Directions you must be one of the following:
- Non-Traditional Student
- Single Parent (male or female)
- Displaced Homemaker
- Single Pregnant Woman
- Enrolled in Program that is ineligible for Financial Aid
- Have inadequate Financial Aid to complete program
and meet all of the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Enrolled in minimum of 6 credit hours per semester
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Enrolled in an eligible A.S. or Certificate degree program
- Participants are required to show updated college transcripts.
- Participants must complete a mid-term grade review.
- Participants must also provide a new class schedule.
Funding for New Directions is made possible in part through the support of Daytona
State College and Florida Department of Education, Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical
Education Postsecondary Programs, Section 132.
New Guidelines for the Book Loan Library: Students receiving a Pell Grant must use their Book Voucher FIRST before borrowing books from The Center for Women and Men. Click here for additional information. Please note quantities are limited and are issued on a first come basis.