Definition of Computer Commons Area Tech Assistance
- Computer Tech Assistants are present at all times to assist commons users with computers, software and printer operations and to see that the Computer Commons equipment is maintained in proper working order. Although Tech Assistants are expected to learn how to operate the software in the Computer Commons, they are not instructors or tutors, nor is there any guarantee that they will know as much about any particular problem with the software as the user themselves.
- Computer Commons staff's responsibilities are to answer questions related to the commons area only, any other research and library related questions will be referred to the correct library staff and/or appropriate college academic department.
- If a Tech Assistant cannot provide the user with adequate assistance, in the area of a classroom-related work, the user (student) may check with his/her respective instructors, to obtain correct information on the topic in question.
- If a user finds an item or equipment that is not functioning properly, the user is required to report this to the tech on duty or to the Computer Commons Lab Coordinator.
- Questions/suggestions please contact IT Computer Commons Coordinator Yudith Day-Wygant(386) 506-3436