New Directions helps individuals gain marketable skills through specialized college-level and vocational training that can lead to immediate entry into many career and technical occupations.
The program offers supplemental funding to Pell eligible students enrolled in a vocational
certificate or A.S. degree program with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
For further information, please contact (386) 506-3068
Application Submission Time Frame
Fall Semester: July 1 - September 1
Spring Semester: November 5 - January 4
Summer Semester: TBD
Am I Eligible?
You must meet at least one of the eligibility requirements to take advantage of the services offered through New Directions:
- Single Parent (male or female)
- Displaced Homemaker
- Non-Traditional Student (those careers having less than 25% of their gender)
and meet all of the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an Associate in Sciences or Occupational Certificate
- Complete the FAFSA Cumulative GPA 2.50 or higher
- No on Financial Aid Suspension
- Demonstrated need not met by Pell Grant or other scholarships
- Participants are required to show updated college transcripts.
- Participants must complete a mid-term grade review.
- Participants must also provide a new class schedule.
Funding for New Directions is made possible in part through the support of Daytona State College and Florida Department of Education, Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Postsecondary Programs, Section 132
For more information please contact (386) 506-3068