New Directions offers supplemental funding and supports the educational needs of qualified students, providing specialized college-level education as well as career and technical training for immediate entry into many high-wage, high-demand careers.
Award are based on availability of funding, and assistance is limited to students enrolled in Associate of Science or Certificate Programs demonstrating educational needs not met by Pell Grant and/or other scholarships, or programs that are ineligible for Financial Aid.
New Directions Services include Financial Assistance for
- Educational materials and supplies
Am I Eligible?
You must meet at least one of the eligibility requirements:
- Single Parent (male or female)
- Displaced Homemaker
- Non-Traditional Student (those careers having less than 25% of their gender)
- Students with Documented Disabilities (must show verification)
- Students with limited English proficiency
And meet all of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an Associate of Sciences or Certificate Program
- Complete current FAFSA application
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, or be a first-time enrolled student
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Demonstrated need not met by Pell Grant or other scholarships
Application Submission Time Frame
- Fall Semester: August - October
- Spring Semester: December - March
- Summer Semester: May
- Unofficial Transcript (download from MyDaytonaState Portal)
- Fall 2018 Class Schedule (obtain from MyDaytonaState Portal)
- 18-19 Student Aid Report (SAR) (download from fafsa.ed.gov)
- Attend all scheduled classes during semester of assistance
- Enter and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Complete Mid-Term Grade Review
- Provide updated information regarding change of class schedule or enrollment status
For more information, please contact:
Submission of an application does not guarantee New Directions Funding. Awards are based upon the amount of available funds and the number of applicants that qualify for subsidies.
Funding for New Directions is made possible in part through the support of Daytona State College and Florida Department of Education, Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Postsecondary Programs, Section 132