Are You or Someone You Care About:
- in a shelter, motel, vehicle or campground?
- on the street, in an abandoned building or in another inadequate accommodation?
- “couch surfing” with other people because you have nowhere else to live?
- supporting yourself, but at risk of losing housing?
- on the verge of a crisis?
If you’re on your own but lack financial resources to secure stable housing, help may be available.
You may qualify as an independent student on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) when applying for federal financial aid for college. Speak with any of the following people to discuss your eligibility:
- A Daytona State Financial aid advisor who can help you complete your FAFSA;
- A representative of DSC’s Center for Women and Men (Building 300, Room 227), who can offer college and community resources and referrals to help you stay in school;
- The local homeless education liaison in your school district (if you are dual-enrolled);
- The director of a HUD-funded or Runaway and Homeless Youth Act-funded shelter where you have stayed or received services.
Call: 2-1-1 or 211.org
- Halifax Health Community Clinic offers family practice style services, including preventative care, sick care, and family planning.
- Halifax Health Keech Pediatric Neighborhood Care provides a full range of pediatric care for patients up to the age of 18, by appointment or walk-in.xalea
- Azalea Health Open in Daytona most insurances accepted, including Medicaid and Medicare, sliding fee scale for qualifying patients
- Healthy Start/Family Place Volusia Flagler access site to apply for Medicaid and food stamps, assistance with locating community resources, Help Me Grow Screening
You are not alone! Get the help you need to keep moving forward.
Center for Women and Men
- Food Pantry
- Emergency Shelter Resources
- Computer Lab with free printing
- Clothes Closet
- Laundry Vouchers
- School Supplies
1200 West International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach FL 32114
Greene Center (Building 300, 2ND Floor), Room 227F
Regional Campus Contacts for all Center for Women & Men Resources:
Flagler Palm Coast Campus Contact:
Alexis Johnson, Counselor, Counseling & Accessibility Services, Building 2, Room 101H, Alexis.Johnson@daytonastate.edu, 386-246-4824
Deland Campus Contact:
Bernice Ruiz, Counselor, Counseling & Accessibility Services, Room, 136, Bernice.Ruiz@Daytonastate.edu 386-785-2082
Deltona Campus Contact:
Bethany Session, Counselor, Counseling & Accessibility Services, Room 231, Bethany.Session@daytonastate.edu, 386-789-7316
New Smyrna Beach/Edgewater Campus Contact:
Rose Stuart, Counselor, Counseling & Accessibility Services, Rose.Stuart@daytonastate.edu, 386-506-3657
Advanced Technology College Campus Contact:
Counseling & Accessibility Services, Michelle.Wallis@daytonastate.edu, 386-506-3328