Daytona State College will be the destination of choice for education.
Daytona State College, a comprehensive public college, provides access to a range of flexible programs from community enrichment to the baccalaureate degree, emphasizing student success, embracing excellence and diversity, as well as fostering innovation to enhance teaching and learning.
Community - The Daytona State College community encompasses our students, faculty, staff and the public we serve. Our community is built upon mutual respect, effective and open communication, and civic responsibility.
Integrity - Daytona State strives for the highest ethical standards in all areas of operation, including the fair and consistent treatment of all members of the Daytona State community. The college fully supports academic freedom and the right of intellectual pursuit.
Excellence - To achieve academic excellence, professionalism, and quality in all the programs and services we offer, Daytona State employs a system of continuous improvement based on assessment, accountability and engagement with the entire community.
Diversity - Diversity of people, thought and expression provides energy and vitality for the learning process. Daytona State celebrates both the originality and distinction of individuals and cultures, while at the same time valuing the common bonds that unite us as a global community.
Innovation - Innovation and creativity are the keys to our growth as an institution, as well as the growth and success of our students. Daytona State prides itself on its ability to adapt to a rapidly changing world, finding positive and creative solutions to the challenges it faces.
Student Success - There is no value more important than the success of our students. Our main goal is to provide students with the skills, knowledge and drive to succeed in the classroom, the workplace and in life. Beyond this success, we hope to instill in our students a lifelong love of learning.
To fulfill its vision, carry out its mission, and live its values, Daytona State College pursues the following strategic priorities:
- Implement best practices and resources for superior customer relationship management that will increase the quality, efficiency and accessibility of student services on all campuses.
Emphasize Student Success
- Foster a sense of community and connection among students, faculty, and staff.
- Explore emerging technologies and adopt those that enhance teaching and learning, promote access, and foster student success.
- Provide faculty and staff with education, training and leadership development to increase awareness, understanding and effectiveness in meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Increase opportunities for students to gain an appreciation of diversity by learning about and experiencing different cultures.
- Develop virtual resources that provide students access to all services and programs through an online environment.
Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Enhance the quality of academic instruction through a continued focus on student learning outcomes assessment.
- Identify baccalaureate level educational needs of the region and offer programs to address those needs.
- Maximize the utility and function of land, facilities, information technology, and instructional systems to provide a positive and safe environment for effective learning at all College campuses.
- Offer activities and programs that meet the needs of the community for cultural enrichment, community engagement and lifelong learning.
- Take a leadership role in economic development and provide education and training that strengthens the region’s economy and workforce competitiveness.