Individuals who want to take courses for teacher certification or re-certification should visit daytonastate.edu/assessment/fla_teach_cert.html for further information.
In addition, applicants must:
- Contact the certification specialist in their county educational system for additional information and approval of courses before you register.
- Submit an official transcript showing that a Bachelor's degree was previously earned.
- Receive clearance as a volunteer by Volusia County Schools. Download the Application to volunteer and submit to the address at the top of the form. In the 3rd box, indicate "Daytona State College" as the College Name and "admissions@DaytonaState.edu" as the Professor's Name.
- Inaccurate or incomplete information may delay your results. The clearance is good for five years.
- Submit a tuition waiver form if your county educational system will be paying for the classes.
Check the academic calendar for specific dates for the registration of state employees.