Due to the limited amount of seats we are by appointment only, no walk-ins. Please contact one of our many convenient locations for specific testing information, click here for contact information, campus information and hours of operation.
***URGENT - until further notice, all testers are required to wear a mask or face covering when entering the building and the testing office. Daytona State College is also observing social distancing, the floor will be marked in front of the testing office for your safety. If you have any questions please, contact Daytona State College Assessment Services (Testing Office) at email@example.com or 386-506-3067. Thank you.***
Pearson Vue - please check the Pearson Vue website for test availability. If your test can be scheduled in sections (GK, FTCE, GED, Cosmetology, etc.), we strongly recommend trying to schedule 1 or 2 sections at a time. Availability is extremely limited for large blocks of time, testers have more availability if they schedule their test in sections. Please check your registration for information about campus requirements prior to testing.
PLACEMENT TESTING - PERT, TABE, ESOL (CASAS) and GED Preparation (AE-CASAS) - Students can schedule an appointment to take their placement test.
- Click here to schedule an appointment for Daytona Beach, Deland, Deltona, and Flagler/Palm
- If you would like to take a test on the New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater Campus, please contact them directly at 386-423-6328 or email NSBAssessment@DaytonaState.edu to make an appointment for all testing - PERT, TABE, ESOL (CASAS), GED Preparation (AE-CASAS), TEAS, CLEP, and Distance Learning.
DSC Falcon Online Honorlock Exam and DSC Instructor Make Up Exams, any student who needs to take a DSC Falcon Online exam through Honorlock or a pencil/paper DSC Instructor Make Up exam must make an appointment, please click here for days, times and contact information for each campus.
TEAS - schedule your TEAS exam for the Daytona, Deland, Deltona, and Flagler/Palm Coast campues (Please contact New Smryna directly for an appointment). Click here for information on scheduling an appointment.
CLEP and BYU Language testers can now make an appointment for testing on our Daytona Beach Campus. Click here for information on scheduling an appointment.
Distance Learning exams for other vendors or other colleges can schedule an appointment for the Daytona Beach, Deland, and Flagler/Palm Coast Campuses.
Assessment can be contacted at Assessment@daytonastate.edu or 386-506-3067.
Assessment Services (aka the Test Center) provides students, faculty, staff and the community with professional, secure and quality testing services. Our Assessment Specialists are here to assist you throughout your college experience. Assessment Services administers required placement testing, instructor make-up exams, exams to earn college credit, GED® diplomas, distance learning and specialized programs. Assessment Services adhere to the Professional Standards and Guidelines set forth by the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and the Florida Association of College Test Administrators (FACTA).
Students can take the following assessments at Daytona State College:
- Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (P.E.R.T.)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Adult Education - Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (AE-CASAS)
- English For Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - CASAS
- College Board Next Generation Accuplacer
- FDLE Basic Abilities Test (BAT)
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- CLEP (College Level Exam Program)
- DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests)
- Brigham Young University (BYU) Foreign Language exam
- Certification Exams - Pearson Vue, Prometric, PSI
- GED® (General Education Development) exam
- Various certification exams
**A valid photo ID is required for all exams or services (regardless of age) provided by Daytona State College Assessment Services.** Please see ID requirements and how you can obtain a valid photo ID.
If you live outside of the Volusia/Flagler area, we can make arrangements for you to take your placement test at a more convenient location. Contact us at Assessment@DaytonaState.edu for more information.
Students who wish to request special accommodations will need to contact DSC's Office of Counseling and Ability Services. Non-students who are taking a professional certification exam will need to contact the test vendor to arrange special accommodations.
The college is closed on the following days and Assessment Services will not be available:
In addition, the college will close at 5pm prior to all federal holidays that are observed by the college, such as the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the day before Independence Day (if a weekday).
- Martin Luther King Day - January 20, 2020
- Spring Break - March 9, 2020- March 13, 2020
- Memorial Day - May 25, 2020
- Independence Day - July 3, 2020
- Labor Day - September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving - November 26, 2020- November 27, 2020
- Holiday Break - December 19, 2020 - January 3, 2021
Click here to register for an ASE exam or call Prometric at 1-877-346-9327. Once you have registered for your exam at Prometric you must call (386) 506-3067 to make an appointment to test.
Academic Honesty, Integrity and Privacy - Daytona State College is an institution of Academic Integrity. Students and testing candidates are expected to avoid all forms of academic dishonesty. Test scores cannot be given over the telephone nor via email, nor to anyone other than the actual test taker without their written consent. No tests will be administered without a valid photographic identification. Assessment Services is responsible for monitoring test sessions. Daytona State College does not tolerate cheating nor disruptive behavior. If an examinee is suspected of cheating, testing will be stopped and the examinee will be directed to leave the area. The test may be voided. The incident will be reported to college officials and disciplinary action may be taken.