CLEP is a national credit-by-examination program, helping students earn AS, AAS, AA or BAS college degrees faster by getting credit for what they already know.
Cost: $80.00. Payable online to CLEP
$30.00 Payable to Daytona State College prior to sitting for an exam.
- No letter grade (A, B, C) is given for credit earned through the CLEP program.
- The maximum number of credits that can be earned through the combined total of AP, IB, CLEP, APLE exams and APLE portfolio development is 75% of your degree or certificate program. (45 credits for an AA degree).
- CLEP requires a six (6) month waiting period for retakes of failed or stopped tests.
- There is NO refund for a failed or stopped test.
- Credit by examination may not duplicate ordinary credit, dual enrollment credit or other credits earned through examination.
- CLEP official score reports will be sent to the Records Department at the college/university you select. Assessment Services does not keep copies of CLEP score reports.
CLEP exam payments must be made by test-takers online through the http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam.
In My Account, upon completing the registration process each test-taker will print a Registration Ticket that they must present at the test center as proof of payment. The ticket will include a Ticket ID (used with iBT) and a Voucher ID (used with eCBT) to be used for check-in at the test center. Candidates must present a valid, government issued, photo ID prior to testing.
After regisitering for a CLEP exam, please call the campus you wish to take the test on to make an appointment.CLEP Exams can be taken on the Daytona Beach, Flagler/Palm Coast, Deland and New Smyrna Beach campuses. Testing dates and times vary at each campus:
Daytona Beach Campus: 386-506-3067 Appointments on Mondays at 2:00 PM
Deland Campus: 386-785-2029 Appointments on Mondays
Flagler/Palm Coast Campus: 386-246-4844 Daily Appointments depending on seat availability
New Smyrna Beach Campus: 386-423-6328 Daily Appointments depending on seat availability
Call the campus of your choice to schedule an appointment. Seating is limited.
(If you do not find the course listed in which you wish to earn credit through CLEP you may also want to investigate the APLE Program, which provides testing for specific courses taught at Daytona State.)For more information regarding the CLEP testing program and CLEP study guides you can contact CLEP directly at http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html
Please note: If you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, you should contact that institution to confirm that CLEP credits will transfer.
CLEP practice questions: CLEP Practice Prep
For more information, contact CLEP Services at 1-800-257-9558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessment Services is responsible for monitoring test sessions. DSC does not tolerate cheating nor disruptive behavior. If an examinee is suspected of cheating, testing will be stopped and the examinee will be asked to leave the area. The test may be voided. The incident will be reported to college officials and disciplinary action may be taken.