Daytona State College welcomes international students!
Daytona State offers quality Associate degree programs that can prepare you for transfer to one of our Bachelor’s degree programs, the four-year college or university of your choice, or entry into a career. With a faculty/student ratio of 1:16, our faculty not only know our students by name, they know them by their dreams. Students at Daytona State are challenged and supported to take risks in the classroom. Our tutoring program supports students from entry-level to our most advanced courses.
Daytona State offers a comprehensive college experience through a full array of student services such as academic advising, career planning and placement, the Women’s and Men's Center, and a Multicultural International Resource Center. Plus, students enjoy extracurricular activities from intercollegiate athletics, intramurals sports, and over 20 clubs and organizations. With students from as many as 90 countries, mutual learning connections enrich your campus experiences.
- Important Dates
- Applications are accepted year-round.
- Note: You should begin your application 3 – 4 months prior to the date you plan to begin classes.
International students must meet the admission requirements of the program they wish to enter.
In addition to meeting program admission requirements, international students must obtain a SEVIS Form I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 or M-1 visa. Requirements for the I-20 are listed below.
The following programs are not available to international students: Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting
Complete the International Student Application for Admission online.
2. Submit Transcripts
Submit final, official high school or GED® transcript including a graduation date. Submit final, official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. An official transcript is one that arrives in a sealed envelope. Have all official transcripts sent directly to: Daytona State College Admissions Office, 1200 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114.
If you graduated high school or have attended college in another country, please download the information sheet, Evaluating Credentials from Outside the U.S., and follow the instructions. Contact Admissions for more information about your transcript requirements. Please DO NOT submit your original documents to the College.
3. Verify Finances
Complete the Verification of Finances Form. Complete both sides. Submit supporting documentation such as bank letters, award letters, etc. All financial documents must be in English and U.S. dollars. Read and follow the instructions on the Verification of Finances Form.
4. English Language Proficiency
If you are a citizen of a country where the official language is not English, you must provide one of the following:
- TOEFL Scores – Scores are good for two years. Scores required for admission are: 61 on the Internet Based Test (IBT); 173 on the Computerized / International version. Institutional TOEFL scores are only accepted from transfer students coming from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. You can schedule a test or request your scores at www.toefl.org Daytona State’s ETS school code is 5159.
- IELTS Bandwidth of 5.5 or higher is also accepted in place of TOEFL.
- Proof of completion of the equivalent of ENC1101, College Composition.
- Proof of graduation from a United States high school.
- Students who are citizens of countries where the primary language is English, as identified by the Department of State, are not required to submit proof of English language proficiency.
5. Transfer Clearance
If you are already studying in the U.S. on a visa and wish to transfer to Daytona State or take classes as a transient student, you will need to submit the following:
- Transfer / Transient Clearance Form – to be completed by your current / home institution prior to acceptance at Daytona State College
- Copy of your I-94
- Copy of your most recent I-20
- Copy of your visa
6. Passport Copy
Please submit a clear copy of your passport
After you submit all required documents, Daytona State College will mail your SEVIS Form I-20 and Letter of Acceptance to you at the mailing address provided on your application. Overnight delivery services can be utilized at the student’s expense. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
U.S. Department of State (DOS)
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)