Student Ambassador Program – Get more than a job!
Spring 2020 at capacityCurrently, we are at capacity with ambassadors for the Spring 2020 semester. Please check back for updates.
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Daytona State College. This program brings together students from various academic disciplines and cultural backgrounds. It promotes leadership, communication, personal and professional development for its members while creating long lasting ties with their future alma mater.
Participation in the Student Ambassador Program will result in a $1,000 scholarship!
*Scholarship will be $500 over summer semesters*
A Student Ambassador is...
- A representative of Daytona State College within the education community
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and a leader for incoming students as well as students on campus
- Working with the faculty and staff to promote the programs and services offered at Daytona State College
To be a Student Ambassador, you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits in any DSC college credit or certificate program during fall and spring semesters (6-8 credits in the summer semesters)
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average throughout the semester and cumulative total
- Have availability to serve with a set schedule each week in the semester
As a Student Ambassador, you will...
Serve a minimum of 100 hours throughout the fall and spring semesters (50 for summer semesters) by participating in weekly Admissions or Foundation activities. Some of these activities will require that you travel to a local high school or college campus. Some examples of activities are as follows:
- Give campus tours to potential or incoming students
- Work at Open Houses/New Student Enrollment Days as a representative of the recruitment staff by helping new or potential students get the information they need
- Participate in Foundation events such as the annual Gala, Homecoming, or Alumni & Friends
- Organize activities and the supplies needed for upcoming events within the Admissions Department or Foundation
- Make calls to prospective students
- Complete a portfolio that describes your experience as a Student Ambassador
- Comply with all of the Daytona State College policies, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
Benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador...
- Develop a wide range of transferable skills into the workforce
- Foster community involvement and service
- Helps build your resume and university/scholarship applications
- Earn letters of recommendation
- Serve your DSC campus and help students and the community learn more about DSC
- May 1st for summer semester
- August 1st for fall semester
- January 2nd for spring semester
For any further questions regarding the program please contact:Mercedes Toala
Student Service Advisor/DSO