Deciding to pursue your educational goals at Daytona State College may be the key to your future. You can work on basic reading and math skills, earn your high school diploma or GED®, or develop your English language skills. Daytona State College has flexible day and evening classes. Our programs are convenient - they can be taken at various campus locations or from the comfort of your home through an online option.
The programs offered through Daytona State College will give you the skills needed to successfully progress into college-level or career training programs. The Daytona State College Adult Education and English for Speaker of Other Languages (ESOL) programs provide a learning environment that will allow you to determine and meet your educational and career goals.
- Classes are available at all Daytona State College campuses, as well as various off-site locations, such as in Deleon Springs and downtown DeLand.
- Available Programs:
- Adult High School (AHS) – Earn your Florida Standard High School Diploma
GED® – Earn your Florida GED®
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – Learn English reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Adult Education Web site
- Important Dates
- All applicants must be at least 16 years old
- Applications are accepted year-round
Complete an application for admission online. Select "GED, High School, ESOL" for your Academic Career. Additional documentation may be required for your program:
- Official transcripts from last high school attended (for Adult High School applicants only) - official transcripts may be sent directly to: Daytona State College Admissions Office, 1200 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114.
- For applicants under 18:
- Official withdrawal form (GED® and Adult High School students coming from a Volusia County H.S.); home school students registered in Volusia county must submit a letter of discontinuance from the Volusia County School Board
- GED® Consent Form (GED® program only)
- Parent signature on the Adult Education Application
Once you have applied, an Admissions Advisor can help you schedule a placement test. GED® and Adult High School students will take the TABE. ESOL students will take the CASAS. Placement test results are used for course selection.
3. Register for Classes!
Advisors will help you register for classes. Classes begin weekly each semester. The cost is $30 per semester.
4. Get a Student ID and Parking Decal!
Get your student ID card and parking decal at the Campus Safety Office on the Daytona Beach Campus, or the Falcon Center on any regional campus.