Update to Faculty and Staff – Thursday, June 11, 2020
Dear Faculty and Staff,
This week’s “soft opening” has gone well and we continue to make progress towards our phased back approach. Student support departments are making appointments and starting to see students in-person again, and next week’s plan hits another milestone as all offices across the College will be open and taking visitors through appointments.
Week of June 15
Following CDC guidelines, 50% of professional and 50% career return to campus.
- All offices may take visitors by appointment only
- Student services continues to serve students by appointment only (no more than 5 an hour)
- Employees who are 65 or older, or those with significant underlying conditions and have questions about returning to campus should contact Human Resources
- Some clinicals to commence in health sciences programs
- Plans to announce adjustments to Fall schedule (goal)
- Some departments may bring in additional staff as determined by vice president and supervisor.
Safety of all students and employees at DSC continues to be our first priority as we move forward. College leadership remains focused on creating and maintaining a safe learning and working environment for everyone. I encourage you to view this short video that addresses our enhanced safety protocols and shows how our Summer B hybrid classes will look inside the classroom.
Thomas LoBasso, Ed.D.
Daytona State College