FALCONS "S.O.A.R." -
Student Orientation and Readiness
What is Summer Bridge?
This FREE 8-day program will offer intensive college preparation, including highly individualized academic, financial, and personal advising. Bridge students will learn strategies and skills to become successful students and ensure a smooth, stress-free transition into college. The program is held on the Daytona Beach Campus, and the deadline to apply is July 9, 2021.
Each Bridge student will be assigned a TRiO SSS advisor who will serve as a resource for course selection & scheduling, transfer & career planning, and all other academic matters from the student’s orientation until they graduate.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
Bridge students will:
- Obtain a $300+ book scholarship to the DSC Bookstore
- Receive free lunches at our DSC cafeteria
- Develop leadership and academic skills
- Develop a peer support network
- Familiarize themselves with the campus and its resources
- You must be a first-generation, low-income student, or student with disabilities.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED by July 1, 2021.
- You must be a Florida resident.
- You must be admitted into Daytona State College.
- You must be available July 19 - 29, 2021.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR THE SUMMER BRIDGE PROGRAM
For questions, please contact Robert Jacobs:
- In person: Daytona State College, Building 500 Baker Academic Support Center, Office 110
- Email: Robert.Jacobs@daytonastate.edu
- Mail: 1200 W. International Speedway Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114