The college annually updates and identifies the data that will be designated as “directory information.” This information can be released to the public without the student’s consent following specific request procedures. Directory information will not be released if the student has requested in writing to keep their information confidential. This status is then coded into the student information system and users are trained to review the coding prior to releasing any directory information. Additionally, students may request that their records be coded as confidential at any time by completing the request at the Daytona State College Records Office.The
Daytona State College directory information includes
- Student name and city of residence
- Student college-sponsored email address
- Enrollment status
- Major and fields of study
- Participation in College recognized activities and athletics
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received
- Most recent educational institution attended
- Photograph and height/weight of athletic team members
The college reserves the right to provide additional information, such as street address and telephone number, where there is a signed articulation agreement with another post-secondary institution for purposes of recruiting students, and in cases that are superseded by the Solomon Amendment giving military recruiters access to student recruiting information.
Any other information is considered to be personally identifiable information and cannot be released to a third party, including parents, without the student’s written consent.
Any other information such as class schedule, attendance, financial aid information, billing information, and grades are considered to be personally identifiable information and cannot be released to a third party, including parents, without the student’s written consent.
Requests for the entire student directory, requests from any military sources under the Solomon Amendment, or requests for a “class” of students, such as all students in any one major, should be directed to the Records Office. Questions about the release of any student records should be directed to the Vice President of Enrollment Management (386) 506-4414.
The procedure to request Daytona State directory information is indicated below. Directory information requests are not recorded in individual student records.
- The college participates with the National Student Loan Clearinghouse to provide electronic requests for confirmation of individual academic degrees, academic awards/honors, and dates of attendance by employers and colleges, and confirmation of enrollment status. The web site is www.degreeverify.com; email is email@example.com; phone is (703) 742-4200; and the fax is (703) 742-4239.
- The requests for additional information or for other purposes must be made in writing on the letterhead of the company, agency, or school requesting the information.
- If the request is being made by an individual the request needs to indicate the name, address, and phone number of the requestor and the reason for the request.
The college’s entire FERPA statement and policy can be found in the College Catalog.