Students can take the PERT exam remotely. Daytona State College uses Honorlock to monitor the PERT exam remotely. Honorlock is a virtual proctor service that will allow the student to take the PERT exam online from a remote location using their own webcam and high-speed internet connection.
Requirements for taking an online proctored exam include:
- Student must be admitted to Daytona State College and have a DSC ID#.
- A well-functioning computer (see minimum requirements below), NO tablets or phones may be used
- A stable Internet connection.
- A webcam with a microphone - webcam will be required to do 360-degree rotation for a room scan.
- A government-issued photo ID or a Student ID card (with photo) must be used to verify the tester.
- Student must be willing to be recorded (video and audio) for the duration of the exam, this includes their surroundings.
- Student must be willing to download and install the Google Chrome Extension for Honorlock to their computer
- Agree to Honorlock Terms of Service: https://app.honorlock.com/terms
- Agree to Daytona State College Academic Integrity Code
Minimum Computer Requirements:
- System Power: Dual-core 2.4 Ghz CPU, 2 GB Ram or better, Intel Processor, 2 GB Ram or better
- Operating System: Windows 7 or greater, Mac OS 10.9 or greater, Chrome OS
- Supported Browser: Google Chrome - minimum version 56
- Internet Connection Speed : 1.5 Mbps download, 500 Kbps upload
- Camera Resolution: 400 x 300 resolution or greater
Students who are interested in taking the PERT exam remotely need to email Lisa.Satterfield@daytonastate.edu from their DSC Falconmail for instructions on how to access the PERT exam remotely and to review remote testing procedures. To learn more about virtual proctoring visit our Virtual Proctoring InfoGuide.