Orientation is an important step in getting started in the right direction! Our Orientation program is geared toward awareness, engagement and student success. Moving to an interactive platform, the orientation is administered with multiple short videos. These videos provide a general overview of academic programs, enrollment, important dates, financial aid, Title IX and the various departments available to assist you during your time at Daytona State College.
All new and readmitted students pursuing a degree or certificate program are required to complete Orientation. The following programs/majors are excluded from the Orientation requirement (*):
- Apprenticeships including 1020 Child Care Specialist, 1071 Electrical Non-Union, 1072 Electrical Union, 1070 Plumbing Union
- Special Credit including 0001 Non-Degree, 0002 Employment, 0004 and 0007
- Transient 0003
- Dual Enrollment including 0005 Daytona State HS, 0008 Dual Vol./Flagler, 0009 Private
- 1056 Fire Fighter II (1156)
- 1051 Law Enforcement Training (1151)
- 0960 Emergency Medical Technician (1960)
- 0957 Paramedic (1957)
- 2208 Emergency Medical Services (2108)
- 1050 Correctional Officer Recruit Training (1150)
(*) If you are in one of these majors and attempt online orientation, you will get an error message indicating that you are not required to complete. You can check to verify that your major classification is correct by going to Online Services and selecting Your Student Information under the Records and Registration option.
To access Online Orientation:
- Go to the MYDAYTONASTATE portal webpage and login.
- Your Username is: the prefix of your Student FalconMail Email address (ex. jane_smith123)
- Your Password is: Dsc (Capital D, lowercase s, lowercase c) + Your birthdate in MMDDYY
format + the last five digits of your social security number.
- Example: with a Birthdate of January 1, 1990 and with a social of 123-45-6789 the password would be: Dsc01019056789
- We STRONGLY encourage you to change your password upon first successful login to the environment.
- After you have logged in, select "My Academics" from the navigation bar going across the top.
- Then click "Orientation"
Online Enrollment and Student Development, including Orientation, can be accessed from any computer with Internet access (home, work, public library or Daytona State computer labs).
If you have any questions about Orientation, contact Academic Advising at (386) 506-3661 or advising@DaytonaState.edu.