COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our students is of the utmost importance. In accordance
with CDC and DSC guidelines, the TRiO SSS staff continues to meet the needs of our TRiO students
via email and virtual advising sessions. Face-to-face meetings are available by appointment only. Our office phone lines are being forwarded to our cell phones, so we can talk with
our students even if we are working remotely. To receive services from the TRiO Student Support Services staff, please see their
contact information below.
Thank you and stay safe.
Welcome! TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a Department of Education grant-funded program committed to increasing the retention, graduation, and transfer rates of its participants. Student scholars in our program are provided with comprehensive support services designed to help them succeed – free of charge! From one-on-one tutoring to exceptional advising support to grant aid, we offer a variety of opportunities to help our student scholars achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
TO BE ELIGIBLE for the TRiO Student Support Services program, you must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident; have a 2.5 GPA or higher; have intentions to earn a four-year bachelor's degree; and meet at least ONE of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate financial need (If you are a Pell Grant recipient, then you are probably eligible), OR
- Be a first-generation college student (neither one of your parents/guardians has a 4-year degree), OR
- Have a documented physical or learning disability
Overview of TRiO SSS Services:
- One-on-one academic tutoring
- Academic coaching and mentoring
- Course selection advice and assistance
- Financial/Economic literacy
- Transfer advising and 4-year college campus tours
- Cultural enrichment trips
TO APPLY TO THE TRiO SSS PROGRAM, click here to complete the TRiO SSS online application.
Senior Staff Assistant
Sarah Lynn Redding
Peer tutor/Front desk