APPLICATIONS FOR THE TRIO STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAM ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 2019 FALL SEMESTER. PLEASE VISIT THIS WEB PAGE IN JANUARY
WHEN WE WILL RESUME ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
To learn more about our program, "save the date" for Tuesday, January 14, 2020. We will have a recruitment event in the Baker Academic Support Center (Bldg. 500) from 1:00 – 2:00 PM.
Welcome! TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a Department of Education grant-funded program committed to increasing the retention, graduation, and transfer rates of its participants. Student scholars in our program are provided with comprehensive support services designed to help them succeed – free of charge! From one-on-one tutoring to exceptional advising support to grant aid, we offer a variety of opportunities to help our student scholars achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
TO BE ELIGIBLE for the TRiO Student Support Services program, you must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident; have a 2.5 GPA or higher; have intentions to earn a four-year bachelor's degree; and meet at least ONE of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate financial need (If you are a Pell Grant recipient, then you are probably eligible), OR
- Be a first-generation college student (neither one of your parents/guardians has a 4-year degree), OR
- Have a documented physical or learning disability
Overview of TRiO SSS Services:
- One-on-one academic tutoring
- Academic coaching and mentoring
- Course selection advice and assistance
- Financial/Economic literacy
- Transfer advising and 4-year college campus tours
- Cultural enrichment trips
TRiO SSS Grant Aid:
- If you are an active TRIO SSS participant who receives a Pell Grant, please apply for TRIO Grant Aid each semester
- Click here to complete the TRIO Grant Aid Application. Login using your portal username and password.
Senior Staff Assistant
Sarah Lynn Redding
Peer tutor/Front desk