COVID-19 UPDATE:The health and safety of our students is of the utmost importance. In accordance with CDC and DSC guidelines, the TRiO SSS staff continues to work remotely from home. Rest assured, however, that we continue to meet the needs of our TRiO students via email and virtual advising sessions. Our office phone lines are being forwarded to our cell phones, so we can talk with our students as well. To receive services from the TRiO Student Support Services staff, please see their contact information below. Thank you and stay safe.
Welcome! TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a Department of Education grant-funded program committed to increasing the retention, graduation, and transfer rates of its participants. Student scholars in our program are provided with comprehensive support services designed to help them succeed – free of charge! From one-on-one tutoring to exceptional advising support to grant aid, we offer a variety of opportunities to help our student scholars achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
TO BE ELIGIBLE for the TRiO Student Support Services program, you must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident; have a 2.5 GPA or higher; have intentions to earn a four-year bachelor's degree; and meet at least ONE of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate financial need (If you are a Pell Grant recipient, then you are probably eligible), OR
- Be a first-generation college student (neither one of your parents/guardians has a 4-year degree), OR
- Have a documented physical or learning disability
Overview of TRiO SSS Services:
- One-on-one academic tutoring
- Academic coaching and mentoring
- Course selection advice and assistance
- Financial/Economic literacy
- Transfer advising and 4-year college campus tours
- Cultural enrichment trips
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY A DAYTONA STATE COLLEGE STUDENT, click here to complete the TRiO SSS online application.
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY A DAYTONA STATE COLLEGE STUDENT, click here to complete the TRiO SSS online application.
TRiO SSS Grant Aid:
- If you are an active TRIO SSS participant who receives a Pell Grant, please apply for TRIO Grant Aid each semester.
- TRiO SSS Grant Aid only becomes available after a TRiO SSS participant has been active in our program for at least one semester.
- Click here to complete the TRIO Grant Aid Application. Login using your portal username and password.
Senior Staff Assistant
Sarah Lynn Redding
Peer tutor/Front desk