Fall 2018 Volusia Co. Fire B-Shift Paramedic - Capacity 25: 25 seats remaining
IMPORTANT:All students applying for Paramedic programs MUST HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED AN EMT COURSE AND BE ELIGIBLE TO TAKE THE NREMT EXAM prior to applying for the Paramedic course. Proof of your course completion is required with your application. Applicants without their EMT certification must obtain it by the end of the first semester of the Paramedic program!
Program Applications are available on the EMS Home Page.
All applicants for Paramedic classes must:
- Possess a valid Florida EMT Certification in good standing or completion of an EMT course prior to applying for the Paramedic program.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age by the first day of classes.
- Have a high school diploma or GED® prior to the first day of classes (Dual Enrollment is not available for any EMS program)
- Submit to fingerprints and have a clean nationwide background check (Must be received in the EMS Office prior to the first day of class.)
- Submit to a 10 panel drug screening test and be free of all illegal substances (Must be received in the EMS Office prior to the first day of class.)
- Meet all other requirements as written in the EMS Application Packet
- Advanced Placement is NOT available for Paramedic classes