Fall 2017 EMT Class Status as of April 28, 2017
EMT Day Class - Capacity of 30: CLASS IS FULL
EMT Night Class - Capacity of 24: CLASS IS FULL
The next available semester will be held in Spring 2018. We will begin accepting applications for Spring 2018 starting August 14, 2017
All applicants for the EMT program must
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age by the first day of classes.
- Have a high school diploma or GED® prior to the first day of classes (Dual Enrollment is not available for any EMS program)
- Submit to fingerprints and have a clean nationwide background check
- Submit to a 10 panel drug screening test and be free of all vx substances
- Have acceptable scores on the PERT examination or have a passing grade on ENC 1101 and MAT 1033
- Meet all other requirements as written in the EMS Application Packet
- Advanced Placement is NOT available for EMT classes
The application process for EMT consists of three (3) parts.1) Application Part I: Completion of Part I will grant students "Conditional Acceptance" into the EMT or Paramedic program. In the event that classes are already full, applicants will have a choice to be placed on a waiting list, or hold Part I of their application until the next available semester (new classes begin each semester). This packet must be 100% complete before submission.
2) Application Part II: This portion of the application consists of the fingerprints, drug screen, immunization records and physical exam. Those given a "Conditional Acceptance" will be given Part II of the application at the mandatory orientation meeting (date/time of orientation will be provided on conditional acceptance letter). Clinical sites require that all background and medical exams are no older than three (3) months old prior to registration. If the applicant's Part II requirements are acceptable for admission, a letter and registration form will be mailed.
3) Clinical Packet: Legal clinical documents required to participate in the clinical experience. This packet will be given to students once Part II is submitted, and due by the first day of class.
IMPORTANT: Acceptance documents will come through the mail. We are not responsible if you do not receive an acceptance letter because of an incorrect mailing address. Please notify the EMS Department if you move to a different address.