- Students who were dropped from a class and wish to be reinstated must meet the following criteria:
- Student must have been registered in the course prior to the add/drop date and subsequently dropped due to purge for non-payment, class roll or other process.
- Student must document why the original drop occurred (see reinstatement form).
- Administrative error documented by a signed statement from the director/department chair of the department that caused the error may be reinstated.
- Extenuating circumstances approved by the Vice President of Student Services or Dean of Enrollment Management will be processed. Documentation is required.
- If dropped from the class by the instructor for non-attendance, the signature of the instructor is required for reinstatement.
- Student must have the financial aid office and/or the bursar's office sign a statement that the student has money on account and will not be dropped for non-payment once reinstated.
- Student must have a signature from the instructor of each course in which they are re-enrolling indicating that they have been attending the section and have permission to get back into the course.
- Students must re-enroll in ALL courses they have been dropped from (they may not selectively choose which course they want to be registered for).
- Reinstatements may not be processed after the midpoint of the subsequent semester (I-grade deadline published in the catalog).
- If reinstatement is after grades have been submitted, each instructor must also deliver a memo to the Records Office (not via the student) that indicates what grade the student should receive.
- The completed and signed reinstatement forms (along with applicable documentation) must be returned to the Question and Answer Center no later than five (5) business days from the date requested.
For more information contact: Records@DaytonaState.edu