Students who were dropped from a class and wish to be reinstated must meet the following criteria:
- Student must have been registered in the course prior to the add/drop date and subsequently dropped due to non-payment, non-attendance, or other process.
- Student requests reinstatement via the online Reinstatement Form.
- If dropped from the class for non-payment, approval from the department chair is required for reinstatement. Students will be required to provide payment or prove aid eligibility if dropped for non-payment.
- If dropped from the class or assigned an Administrative Withdraw (W1 grade) for non-attendance as reported by the instructor, approval from the department chair is required for reinstatement. The department chair will verify attendance and ability to successfully complete the course with the instructor before approval is granted.
- Administrative or college error documented by the director/department that caused the error are to contact the department chair on behalf of the student to request reinstatement.
- Extenuating circumstances approved by the Vice President of Student Services or Dean of Enrollment Management will be processed. Documentation is required.
- Students are advised to have Financial Aid Office, the Student Accounts Office, or the Veteran’s Center confirm eligibility or deferment of funds to ensure the course will not be dropped for non-payment once reinstated.
- Reinstatement may not be processed after the midpoint of the following semester in which the course was taken.
- If reinstatement is after grades have been submitted, each instructor must also deliver a memo to the Records Office (not via the student) that indicates what grade the student should receive.
For more information, email the Question & Answer Center.