Students who were dropped from a class and wish to be reinstated must meet the following
For more information, email the Questions & Answer Center.
- Student must have been registered in the course prior to the add/drop date and subsequently dropped due to: purge for non-payment, class
roll, or other process.
- Student request reinstatement via email to the appropriate department chair (see Reinstatement Instructions). Student must have approval from the department chair of each course in which they are re-enrolling,
indicating that they have been attending the section and have permission to get back
into the course.
- If dropped from the class for non-payment, approval from the department chair is required for reinstatement.
- If dropped from the class by the instructor for Non-Attendance, approval from the department chair is required for reinstatement. The department
chair will verify attendance with the instructor before approval is granted.
- Administrative or college error documented by the director/department that caused
the error are to contact the department chair on behalf of the student to request
- Extenuating circumstances approved by the Vice President of Student Services or Dean
of Enrollment Management will be processed. Documentation is required.
- Student are advised to have Financial Aid Office, the Student Accounts Office, or
the Veteran’s Center confirm eligibility or deferment of funds to ensure the course
will not be dropped for non-payment once reinstated.
- Reinstatement may not be processed after the midpoint of the following semester (I-grade
deadline published in the catalog) in which the course was taken.
- If reinstatement is after grades have been submitted, each instructor must also deliver
a memo to the Records Office (not via the student) that indicates what grade the student
- The reinstatement email approving the reinstatement from the department chair must
be sent to Registration@DaytonaState.edu no later than five (5) business days from the drop date.
Last updated: 2018-05-10T20:01:30.901Z