- If I have completed all my courses, how do I apply for graduation?
- When is graduation?
- How do I know if I met all my course requirements?
- When will I get my diploma? Will it be mailed to me?
- How do I get my grades?
- How do I order an official transcript? Is there a fee?
- Can I transfer credits from other colleges to Daytona State?
- Where do I go for enrollment verification for health insurance or loan deferment?
- What do I do if I lost my diploma?
1. If I have completed all my courses, how do I apply for graduation?
Each student who is planning to graduate needs to complete the Application for Graduation that is available online at the Records website, in the Question and Answer Center or Records Office on the Daytona campus, or at the Enrollment Office on any campus. All applications must be approved by the Department Chair, except for AA degrees. For AA graduates a degree audit needs to be attached.
2. When is graduation?
The formal graduation exercises are held each year in mid-May. The Academic Calendar lists the specific day. However, the college does graduate students at the end of the fall term and summer term as well, with these graduates invited to participate in the May graduation ceremony.
3. How do I know if I met all my course requirements?
1. A Degree audit will show if course requirements have been met for your program.
2. Each student can run their own degree audit online that is accessed through their FalconNet account. Academic advisors can also assist students in running and reviewing their degree audit.
4. When will I get my diploma? Will it be mailed to me?
Diplomas are mailed to graduates at the end of the semester on posted date. For Diploma mail out dates click here.
5. How do I get my grades?
Grades are not mailed. Grades must be reviewed using your FalconNet account by selecting the Records link, then the grade link.
6. How do I order an official transcript? Is there a fee?
There is a $5 fee. Official transcripts are ordered online.
7. Can I transfer credits from other colleges to Daytona State?
Daytona State will accept credits from all regionally accredited colleges. This should be done prior to starting classes with the student being notified by email that the transcript evaluation has been completed. Students are also allowed to "transfer back" credits from another college to complete graduation requirements. Credit for courses taken at a non-accredited college can be accepted in certain circumstances with the appropriate documentation. At least 25% of a program must be completed at Daytona State.
8. Where do I go for enrollment verification for health insurance or loan deferment?
Students can print their own enrollment certificate through their FalconNet account by selecting Records and Enrollment Verification links. Insurance companies and lenders are referred to the National Student Clearinghouse for enrollment information and verification.
9. What do I do if I lost my diploma?
Students who have lost their diploma can request a duplicate for a $10 fee at the Records Office. Duplicates will display the original graduation date and name.
10. What GPA do I need to graduate?
The minimum GPA to graduate is a 2.0 for the overall GPA and a 2.0 for all classes taken at Daytona State.
11. How do I request a copy of my GED Diploma or Transcripts?
GED transcripts or Diplomas are ordered through the Dept of Education testing office. There is a $8 fee. Daytona State cannot process official GED diploma and/or transcript requests. To request a GED diploma or transcript you can mail a Request for Official Florida GED Diploma and/or Transcript to: GED Testing Office Florida Department of Education 325 West Gaines Street, Room 634 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400 According to the Florida Department of Education web site, processing time is approximately 7 to 10 working days from date of receipt of the request in their office. For more information, please visit the Florida Department of Education web site. You can also call 850.245.0449 or 1.877.352.4331 (Toll-free, Florida Only).
For more information contact: Records/Graduation: firstname.lastname@example.org