The No Butts Program is acollaborative effort on the part of the following departments and clubs:
- School of Health, Human and Public Services
- School of Health & Wellness
- Student Government Association
- Environmental, Dental, and Respiratory Clubs
- and Counseling Services
to increase tobacco cessation awareness opportunities for the students and employees. This effort will take place in Volusia and Flagler counties at Daytona State College’s six campuses.
In an effort to accomplish our goals, we plan to do the following:
- Establish a project team of five, co-directed by Nancy Homan, Fitness and Aquatic Center Coordinator and John Tosi, Fitness Specialist.
- Increase tobacco cessation and awareness opportunities by:
- Sponsoring two 1-day special events
- Participating in four college-wide events
- Conducting three free AHEC/QSN tobacco cessation classes
- Continuing AHEC tobacco skills training for health profession students
- Survey staff and students to determine interest level for a tobacco-free campus.
- Purchase two CO monitors to be utilized during College-sponsored events for health screening and by our nursing and dental programs.
- Provide promotional items as incentives at smoking cessation campus activities.
- Create and distribute marketing materials to promote cessation and educational activities/events.
- Hire a student worker to aid in setting up, marketing, planning and coordinating activities/events.
- Distribute educational materials at events as well as post and display educational materials at strategic locations throughout the campuses.
- Give away ten memberships to the Daytona State College Fitness Center in drawings, contests, and other awareness activities.
Timetable for Goals(pdf)