All Daytona State College students will receive an official email address to which all college-based communications will be sent. The email system includes:
- 25GB message storage capacity for each user
- Access to calendar entries and contacts, as well as e-mail from mobile devices
- Full-service web interface for accessing e-mail as well as compatibility with the industry-standard desktop e-mail program Microsoft Outlook.
- The ability to search e-mail for details and save favorite searches for reuse. Share calendars with other Office 365 users and view multiple calendars side by side.
- Built-in anti-spam message filtering.
How do I access my student email account?
- Students can access their FalconMail by logging in successfully to the MyDaytonaState portal or by logging in directly to microsoftonline.com.
What is my FalconMail (Office 365) Email address?
- Under ordinary conditions your FalconMail email address is "FirstName_LastName@falconmail.daytonastate.edu". There are some instances where we have multiple students with the same very popular name that may have a random number appended to their email address. If you are unsure what your username is please use the "College ID and FalconMail Address" portlet on the front page of the MyDaytonaState portal.
College Use of Email
Email is the official and primary internal communication method of Daytona State College. Employees and admitted students are assigned a Daytona State College email account. This account will serve to act as the primary mechanism for official communication with the College for employees and all registered students. Official College communications to employees and registered students will not be sent to personal email accounts (i.e., AOL, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo). Communication of protected student record information will not be sent to personal email accounts at any time regardless of an individual's registration status.
The college has the right to send communications and to expect that communications are received and read in a timely manner. Official email communications are used solely to meet the academic and administrative needs of the campus community. Email is not the sole method for notification of legal action.
Student Email Accounts
Official Daytona State email accounts are assigned to all admitted students. The addresses currently follow this format: firstname_lastname(xxxx)@daytonastate.edu. Once students have registered for classes they are expected to check their email on a frequent and consistent basis. The College recommends checking email at least once a day. It is the students' responsibility to recognize that certain email communications may be time sensitive.
Implementation of Policy
Policy will be included in the College Catalog.
Policy will be included in new Student Orientation.
Policy will be included in the Student Handbook.
Policy will be included in the Faculty Handbook.
Policy will be explained and distributed at New Employee Orientation.
Policy will be restated or students will be directed to the Student Handbook in each course syllabus.
How do I login?
- Initially, login to your FalconMail using your email address (as described above) as your username via the MyDaytonaState portal.
- Dsc (Capital D, lowercase s, lowercase c) + Your birthdate in MMDDYY format + the last five digits of your social security number
- Example: Birthdate of January 1, 1990 with a social of123-45-6789 the password would be Dsc01019056789
- We STRONGLY encourage you to change your password upon first successful login to the environment.
- If you are unable to login to your account, the "Retrieve College ID and Falconmail Address" portlet is conveniently located on the front page of the portal.
What browsers are supported?
- Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Most current Firefox "Release" version
- Safari 5 or above
- Most current Chrome " Stable version