TRIO Upward Bound is a pre-college program that helps low-income, first generation high school youth prepare for higher education. The Daytona State College Upward Bound program offers year-round support to participating students throughout their high school years. Once students are accepted into the program, they remain in the program until they graduate from high school providing they continue to fulfill the program requirements. Upward Bound is a federally funded TRIO program.
- 2-days a week after school Tutoring
- Saturday Sessions
- Career and College Planning & Exploration Activities
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- 6-week Summer Academy ~ Prepares students for upcoming school year
- Summer Bridge Program for graduated seniors ~ Provides students a successful transition into college
What is a Mentor?
Featured Program Service Opportunity ~ MENTORING
A Mentor is a wise and trusted counselor or teacher, a person of influence or supporter (Dictionary.com)
We invite you to "click here" for our Mentoring Program page to find out how you can mentor a DSC Upward Bound Student!
DSC Upward Bound Program
2351 Providence Boulevard
Deltona, FL 32725
Upward Bound Staff:
Dora Giddens, Associate Director (386) 789-7342 or (386) 506-3794 GiddenD@DaytonaState.edu
Bonnie Thurman, Educational Services Coordinator (386) 789-7340 ThurmaB@DaytonaState.edu
Alice Marlles, Senior Staff Assistant (386) 789-7344 or (386) 506-3970 MarlleA@DaytonaState.edu