Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for the CCAMPIS program?
If you meet the program's eligibility requirements and are interested in applying for the CCAMPIS program, you can go to the Center for Women and Men office at any campus (Daytona Beach, Deltona, Flagler/Palm Coast or New Smyrna Beach-Edgewater Advising office) to pick up an application (Monday - Friday 8am-5pm) or you can visit the CCAMPIS web site to download an application.
- When are applications available/due?
SPRING 2015 APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE November 6, 2014-December 16, 2014.
- How long will my application be retained?
Your application is valid for one academic semester and must re-apply each semester.
- If I submit my "complete" application, will I be approved?
Applicants will be selected based on funding and space availability. Grant funds are limited, not all who apply will be selected.
- May I use my current child care provider?
CCAMPIS participants must select one of the approved, accredited child care centers from the CCAMPIS Vendor Network. (Please note: Listing subject to change)
- How many children will the CCAMPIS program sponsor?
The CCAMPIS program will sponsor one child per eligible student/parent.
- Does the CCAMPIS program pay for my child's entire child care cost?
The CCAMPIS program will fund partial child care assistance. The student/parent will be responsible for a child care co-payment and this will be based on a sliding fee scale according to the student's household income and estimated family contribution.
- If my Pell award is pending, can I still apply for the CCAMPIS program?
Yes. You can still apply for the CCAMPIS program. But, your application will be incomplete. In order to qualify for the CCAMPIS program, your application must include ALL supporting documents before your application can be reviewed for consideration.
- If I am registered in the Adult Education and/or English for Speaker of Other Languages (ESOL) program at Daytona State College, will the CCAMPIS program assist with child care?
No. You must be enrolled in at least 6.0 credit hours of College level coursework and be Pell eligible.
- When will I know if I am going to receive CCAMPIS funding?
You will know if you have been accepted into the CCAMPIS program before the start of the semester in which you are applying for. A CCAMPIS representative will contact you by phone and/or email you provided on your application.
- If I am registered for night and/or online classes, can I apply for the CCAMPIS program?
CCAMPIS programs requires a minimum of 6.0 traditional credit hours. You may take a COMBINATION of online and traditional classes. This stipulation requires at least 6.0 credit hour in class attendance during the day at any one of DSC campuses.