Upward Bound Mentoring Program
Mentoring is intentional and has been proven to make a difference in the lives of young people; encouraging students to realize their self-worth, potential, talents, and dreams. A small time commitment can make a significant impact in a student’s life!
Here are the facts:
- 59% of mentored teens get better grades
- 53% students credit mentors with improving their ability to avoid drugs
- 27% of mentored youth are less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% of mentored students are less likely to skip school
~Public/Private Ventures study of Big Brothers Big Sisters
Mentors are special people committed to making a difference ~ Here's how you can help:
- Let us know you are interested! - (See contact information below)
- Print & fill-out the Mentor Interest/Match Survey
- Meet with the Program Coordinator for an interview & complete application process with an orientation.
- Commit to meet with students only one-day a week, for 45-minutes on a Tuesday or a Thursday afternoon @ the Deltona Campus of Daytona State College.
- Connect, encourage, and invest in the students assisting them to reach their goals!
For more information or to let us know of your interest, please contact:
Flexible hours for Mentoring are every Tuesday or Thursday afternoon between the hours of 3:30 pm and 6 pm, and on scheduled Saturdays, 9 am to 3 pm.