To continue our efforts to provide the appropriate tools to “encourage, facilitate and sustain” learning, Daytona State College Information Technology department provides a Computer Commons area, with 2 classrooms, fully equipped with computerized audiovisual technology for instructional purposes.
These classrooms are available through reservation by contacting the Computer Commons Lab Coordinator: Yudith Day-Wygant at ext. 3436, e-mail: DayY@DaytonaState.edu (Available to faculty members only for academic instruction. Check classrroms calendar at "MyDaytonaState" Portal under your "Resource" tab for availability)
The Policies and Procedures are as follow:
1. Classrooms will be reserved according to availability.
2. Reservations must be made ahead of time (month or weeks before class meeting, or before beginning of each semester).
3. Computer Commons classroom will not be reserved for full semester course meetings (our classrooms are available only for short one time meetings, such as: web-based class related orientations, library orientations, special events, and short instructional computerized class meetings).
4. Full information about the purpose of usage for the classrooms must be given:
- Number of students expected
- Class date, beginning/ending time
- Type of class (i.e., prefix: ENC1101)
- Instructor's name, e-mail address and phone contact number
5. If special software/setup is required, and will be provided by the person making the reservation, proper authorization is required from Academic Computing Manager, Ken Shoaf and/or the Information Technology Dept. Special requests must be made at least two weeks before the class/event meeting. After a course/event has ended any special added software/setup will be removed from all classroom pc’s.
6. Instructors are required to use a Computer Commons sign in sheet for the students, which will be available at respective classrooms or can be retrieved at the commons help desk (this is for statistics purposes).
7. Classroom will be ready at the time of instructor's arrival (computers turn on, and media equipment operational), if technical difficulties are found please contact Yudith Day-Wygant at ext. 3436 or Commons Tech Assistant at ext. 3928.
8. Faculty and Staff are required to follow Daytona State’S Computer Commons Policies and Procedures (these include: no food, drinks or tobacco products are allowed in classrooms, no changing the pc’s configuration, desktop, settings etc., if any changes need to be made to the pc’s for a class purposed, contact the Computer Commons Lab Coordinator at ext. 3436 and she will follow the proper procedures accordantly). These Policies and Procedures can be viewed on Computer Commons Web Page.