Daytona State students who have pursued and achieved academic excellence during their course of study may be eligible for one or more of the following honors.
- President's List - Students are eligible if they earn at least six semester hours of credit and have
a 3.8-4.0 semester GPA. The names of students achieving this honor are published on
the Daytona State College Web site for the Fall and Spring semesters. (Developmental
courses that do not count in the GPA calculation are excluded.)
- Dean's List - Students are eligible if they earn at least six semester hours of credit and have
a 3.2-3.79 semester GPA. (Developmental courses that do not count in the GPA calculation
- Honors Recognition - Students who graduate with high cumulative GPAs are recognized at graduation as
follows: High honors (3.8-4.0 GPA) and honors (3.2-3.79 GPA) and a statement will
appear on transcript. (All coursework used for GPA calculation is used, excluding
- Hall of Fame - Daytona State's highest honor in scholarship, leadership and citizenship is presented
at the annual awards ceremony.
- Outstanding Student Awards - Each department presents these at the annual awards ceremony to students in BAS,
AA, AAS and AS degree and certificate programs. Students involved in extracurricular
activities are also recognized.
- Phi Theta Kappa - This is the only nationally accredited honors organization for two year colleges.
Daytona State's chapter is Mu Rho. The Mu Rho office is in Building 130, Room 107
on the Daytona Beach Campus. For information about membership and activities, call
the Daytona Beach Campus office at (386) 506-3330. This is an international honors
society that is open to AA, AS, and AAS students who meet certain academic criteria.
- Who's Who is awarded annually by the National Organization of Who's Who in American Community
and Junior Colleges.
- Sigma Beta Delta - This is an international honor society that is open to students in the BAS program
who meet certain academic criteria.
- Alpha Delta Nu – National honors society for associate degree nursing students.
- Sigma Kappa Delta – National English honors society.