- Counseling & Accessibility Services accepts only documentation signed by a licensed
healthcare or mental health professional that is qualified to make the appropriate
- The licensed healthcare or mental health professional must document the student’s
disability on his/her official letterhead.
- The documentation must clearly state the type of specific disability that the student
has and how his/her disability “substantially interferes” with his/her ability to
satisfy Daytona State’s admission requirements, admission requirements for a specific
program of study, course requirements, or graduation requirements.
- The documentation must clearly state how the student’s disability “substantially interferes”
with his/her ability to do the following:
Pursue his/her educational goals Complete course requirements such as homework assignments,
classroom assignments and or tests
Participate in other required educational activities
Complete graduation requirements
- The documentation must clearly state the type of reasonable accommodation(s) the licensed
healthcare or mental health professional recommends that Daytona State make available
to the student.
Students seeking accommodations for mental health or learning disabilities must present
documentation that is current, which is no older than three years, and based on adult
scale mental health or learning disability assessments.
Last updated: 2018-06-06T20:25:27.801Z