We strongly encourage victims of crimes, including sexual assault and sexual misconduct such as domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking, to consider the following resources. Victims of these crimes should also know their rights.
On-Campus Counseling Services
Daytona State College Counseling Services provides confidential short-term counseling services to students, and links them to local community mental health professionals for long-term counseling, treatment, or therapeutic intervention. Counselors are licensed and experienced mental health professionals. Services include asssessment, crisis stabilization, and community referral. These services are available for free to all students on the Daytona Beach campus and all regional campuses.
Community Victims' Advocacy and Mental Health Resources
- Daytona Beach Police Dept.
- (386) 671-5100
- Volusia County Sheriff’s Dept.
- (386) 248-1777 (Daytona)
- (386) 736-5999 (DeLand)
- New Smyrna Beach Police Dept.
- (386) 424-2220
- Edgewater Police Dept.
- (386) 424-2425
- Flagler County Sheriff’s Dept.
- (386) 437-4116
- Children's Advocacy Center of Volusia and Flagler Counties (For Adults, Adolecents, and Children)
- Rape Crisis Hotline for Adults, Adolescents and Children
- Daytona Beach residents may also call (386) 258-7273
- Stewart-Marchmann ACT Behavioral Healthcare
- 24 Hour Hotline (800) 539-4228
- Victim’s Advocate Office/State Attorney
- (386) 239-7710
Domestic Abuse Council of Volusia County, Florida
- 24-Hour Crisis Line (800) 500-1119
State and National Resources
- FloridaHealth.gov Sexual Abuse or Violence Prevention
Florida Department of Children and Families
Florida Abuse Hotline
- TTY (800) 453-5145
Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
NotAlone- A national program launched to protect students from sexual assault. NotAlone.gov offers references to several local, state, and national resources.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- (800) 656-4673 (HOPE)
- https://www.rainn.org/get-help/national-sexual-assault-hotline (Live chat available online)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- (800) 799-7233
- http://www.thehotline.org/ (Live chat available online)