At Daytona State College, we recognize that students come to our institution from a variety of backgrounds. We value the training and knowledge you may have gained through employment, time served in the military, vocational education and specific experiences. The APLE program lets you turn your skills and knowledge into college credit.
Credit is provided for experiences which have a theoretical and experiential base related to your course work. Credit is only given for courses offered at Daytona State and is provided for those parts of an AS, AA or BAS degree or certificate which you have mastered. All methods of earning credit must meet equivalent classroom standards (State Rule 6E-2.0041)..
APLE credit may be earned in two ways (dependent upon the course):
Portfolios (Fee: $60.00 per course)
Credit by Exam (Fee: $35.00 per course)
To earn credit through the APLE program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently registered in a degree (AA, AS, or BAS) or certificate program at Daytona State. (All credit for courses earned through APLE must be appropriately related to the AS, AA or BAS degree program on record at Daytona State.)
- Verify with the Office of Student Records or with an academic advisor that your current program credits for FLDOE degree requirements can be satisfied with APLE credit and to understand the limitations associated with earning credit prior to completing the APLE registration process.
- Meet with an Assessment Services Specialist to complete the eligibility verification document and registration forms. Students MUST present a valid photo ID to complete the eligibility verification process for APLE.
- Make payment of all fees prior to sitting for exam or portfolio review.
- No grade is awarded for credits earned through APLE
- Course credits are not used to calculate your GPA.
- Credits will not be awarded for courses in which you already have a grade on your transcript.
- APLE exams can only be taken once.
Please note: If you plan to transfer to a four-year university, you should contact that institution to confirm that APLE credits are accepted. Credits earned through APLE may not transfer to other institutions. It is your responsibility to consult with the institution where you want to transfer to ensure that the credits will be accepted.
Credit awarded for prior experiential learning shall not exceed 25%of the units required for completion of the program. The maximum number of credits that can be earned through the combined total of transfer, examination or experiental learning is 75% of the degree or certificate program.
Active U.S. military members are excluded from this requirement.
For more details about these options contact Assessment Services at email@example.com.
Academic Honesty, Integrity and Privacy
Daytona State College is an institution of Academic Integrity. Students and testing candidates are expected to avoid all forms of academic dishonesty.
Test scores cannot be given over the telephone nor via email nor to anyone other than the actual test taker without his/her written consent. No tests will be administered without valid photographic identification. Assessmnent Services is responsible for monitoring test sessions. Daytona State College does not tolerate cheating nor disruptive behavior. If an examinee is suspected of cheating, testing will be stopped and the examinee will be directed to leave the area. The test may be voided. The incident will be reported to college officials and disciplinary action may be taken.